SumaiyaZafrin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

National Martyrs’ Memorial ,Bangladesh

We Dinajpur Local Guides went to see out National Martyrs’ Memorial last few days ago. I captured some pictures by my I Phone .smriti shoudho (1).JPGsmriti shoudho (2).JPGsmriti shoudho (3).JPGsmriti shoudho (4).JPGsmriti shoudho (5).JPGsmriti shoudho (6).JPGsmriti shoudho (7).JPGsmriti shoudho (8).JPGsmriti shoudho (9).JPGsmriti shoudho (10).JPGsmriti shoudho (11).JPGsmriti shoudho (12).JPGsmriti shoudho (13).JPGsmriti shoudho (14).JPGsmriti shoudho (15).JPGsmriti shoudho (16).JPGsmriti shoudho (17).JPGsmriti shoudho (18).JPGsmriti shoudho (19).JPGsmriti shoudho (20).JPGsmriti shoudho (21).JPGsmriti shoudho (22).JPGsmriti shoudho (23).JPGsmriti shoudho (24).JPGsmriti shoudho (25).JPGsmriti shoudho (26).JPGsmriti shoudho (27).JPGsmriti shoudho (28).JPGsmriti shoudho (29).JPGsmriti shoudho (30).JPGsmriti shoudho (31).JPGsmriti shoudho (32).JPGsmriti shoudho (33).JPGsmriti shoudho (34).JPGSide view of National Martyrs' MemorialSide view of National Martyrs' Memorialsmriti shoudho (36).JPGsmriti shoudho (37).JPGsmriti shoudho (38).JPGsmriti shoudho (39).JPGHere,Bats are at top of the tree .Here,Bats are at top of the tree .Bats at treeBats at treeBats at treeBats at treeMosque at National Martyrs' MemorialMosque at National Martyrs' Memorial

Bengali name:  জাতীয় স্মৃতি সৌধ (Jatio Smriti Shoudho) or National Martyrs' Memorial. Here “Jatiyo” means “National”, “Smriti” means “Memorial” and “Shoudho” means “Monument’’.

National Martyrs' Memorial is the national monument of Bangladesh is the symbol in the memory of the velour and the sacrifice of all those who gave their lives in the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971, which brought independence and separated Bangladesh from Pakistan. The monument is located in Savar , about 35 km north-west of the capital, Dhaka. It was designed by  Syed Mainul Hossain.

Plans for the monument were initiated in 1976. Following the site selection, road and land development, a nationwide design competition was held in June,1978. Following evaluation of the 57 submissions, Syed Mainul Hossain’s design was chosen. The main structure and the artificial lake and other facilities were completed in 1982. It was Inaugurated at 16 December 1982.

Now, this monument shows the Bangladesh’s history and this is one of the major tourist spot of Bangladesh. Everyday lots of people visit here to see this extra-ordinary monument. Every year on 16 December,lots of people visit here.

Savar, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 8

Re: National Martyrs’ Memorial ,Bangladesh

@SumaiyaZafrin Nice place and photos. Thank you for the interesting information.

Connect Moderator

Hi @SumaiyaZafrin, è sempre un piacere vedere i tuoi post qui su Connect, e questo è un monumento molto importante per il tuo paese, perciò grazie di condividerlo.

Hai visto che @Myrathor a fatto un topic dedicato solo ai monumenti? Che ne dici di un paio di immagini per lui? Anche una per me magari, di quel bel fiore che hai messo in questo post -:)

Grazie di condividere

Level 8

@SumaiyaZafrin

Thanks for Sharing your captured Photos to 

Local Guide Connect 

Connect Moderator

Thank u @Myrathor

Connect Moderator

thank u so much dear @ErmesT .And I just try to capture 🙂