WaynePeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Nakuru Mega Walk; 28th July 2018

The first walk for the community (Nakuru Kenya); 9 Local Guides from different Kenyan communities (Kisumu & Western Kenya, Nairobi & Nakuru ) came together and did the walk within Nakuru CBD and later proceeded to Nakuru national park  covering 4 kilometers. The walk was hosted with an aim of empowering members of Nakuru Local guides to participating in community walks. I also held a pre-walk meet up with the Nakuru moderator @questkv including other 4 new members to plan for their future community walks including contributions on Google maps. From Gilanis Restaurant via Bontana hotel to Nakuru national park; we had fun and awesome experience from the walk…I am looking forward to guiding the New community(Nakuru) to their future Walks and contributions just as I did for Kisumu community. Here is the link to Google photos shared album; Nakuru mega walk and a one minute video for the walk -Video

Skating centerSkating centerWest  side mall; photo by Isaac_nkWest side mall; photo by Isaac_nkSebs Hotel; photo by peter owitiSebs Hotel; photo by peter owitimad fun at muggzy garden; photo by Questkvmad fun at muggzy garden; photo by QuestkvWaterbuck hotel; photo by Meidimi H. SokotoWaterbuck hotel; photo by Meidimi H. SokotoNakuru National Park; Photo by Isaac_nkNakuru National Park; Photo by Isaac_nk

Nakuru, Kenya
19 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Nakuru Mega Walk; 28th July 2018

Hey, @WaynePeter,

Seems like you had a really good time on your Nakuru Mega Walk. Did you organize a Meet-up about it?

I'd be happy to see you have more recaps as colorful and positive as this one and to see the Local Guides Community in your area grow. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks @IrrPavlova and yes I hosted the walk on the meet up board 

Level 8

It was a great experience.I learnt all that it takes to host and attend any meet up We mapped the route from the Nakuru CBD all the way to the Nakuru National Park! . Above all I made new friends from that meet up. Am sure  Nakuru Local guides were empowered from that meet up and am looking forward to see us hosting our own meet ups. 

Level 6

Wassup bro @WaynePeter, thanks for the invite to this walkwalk,  it was an awesome experience and I had much fun bonding with all the local guides from Nakuru.@ 

Level 6

Hi @questkv you still owe me an add on whatsapp,  anyway it was glad to realise your very dedicated work and ambition to the Nakuru community... Thanks and keep it up 

Former Google Contributor

I am happy to see you all had a good and fruitful time. Did you come up with any ideas for a next Meet-up?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Your number doesn't seem to be on whatsapp, It was a surprise to find you in this community too and your participation was highly appreciated. 

Level 6

You can add Meidimi as admin as well since he has my number in the mean time I'll get yours from @WaynePeter and halla

Level 6

Yes indeed, we plan to visit one of the remote/rural areas and empower the people around as we show them how they can join in on this great experience