SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My visit to Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid (Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid)

oA few days back I was visiting Khulna due to my family work with my sister. Khulna is the southern division of Bangladesh. Well known for Sundarban(Largest mangrove forest of the world). Unfortunately, I couldn't visit the forest due to time shortage. But I won't miss the chance to visit Sixty Dome MosqueIn Bengali Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid or ষাট গম্বুজ মসজিদ . A UNESCO World Heritage Site.

I was standing in front of the mosque. The photo was taken by my sister Kanta.I was standing in front of the mosque. The photo was taken by my sister Kanta.

The mosque was built in the middle of the 15th century, a Muslim colony was founded in the mangrove forest of the Sundarbans, near the coast in the Bagerhat District by a saint-General, named Khan Jahan Ali. The mosque is very close to Bagerhat district. A few minutes away from the district. The mosque is bearing a great architectural beauty for centuries. Map Location.

The mosque is very renowned for its shape. There are 77 low domes arranged in seven rows of eleven, and one dome on each corner, bringing the total to 81 domes. There are four towers. The mosque is locally known as the 'Shat Gombuj Masjid', which in Bangla means Sixty Domed Mosque. However, there are 77 domes over the main hall and exactly 60 stone pillars.

Corner view of the MosqueCorner view of the Mosque

There is a small museum with full of artifacts from around the country. I found lots of variety in the artifacts there.

My sister is standing in-front of the museum. Due to security reason photography is prohibited in museum.My sister is standing in-front of the museum. Due to security reason photography is prohibited in museum.

We really enjoyed the place with full of natural beauty. There was a large pond back of the mosque building.

Visitors need to buy entry tickets. The single ticket includes the area visit and the museum. Local visitor: 20Taka, Student under 10th grade: 05Taka. The visitor from SAARC Country: 100Taka. And Visitor from other countries: 200Taka.

Time schedule for visitorsTime schedule for visitorsTicket details for visitorsTicket details for visitors

Entry gate.Entry gate.

How to be there?

Very easy. From any corner of the world fly to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then take any but for Khulna or for direct Bangerhat. From Khulna, you can take another bus to reach the Shat Gombuj Mosque. Just get down from but and you will be in front of the Mosque the heritage.

@TraciC @HelloJess @BellaWi @LuisRG @MegS Make a plan to visit the place. I am sure that you will enjoy there. Take an invitation from me.

Thank You. Looking forward to hearing from you that what you think about it.

Sajol Kumar Das

Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
10 comments
Level 10

Re: My visit to Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid (Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid)

@SajolKDas thanks a lot for share sajol . 2013 i visit in there when i take a map maker event in CUET . then plan so many time again visit there but other work pressure not manage time visit , hope in future with team 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

@MahabubMunna vai good to know about your visit. The place is really great for a team.

Lots of open places are there to discuss. and the pond is mindblowing.

Level 10

Hello @SajolKDas Brother,

Thank you, sharing. The pictures are very beautiful.

Follow me here.....
Level 8

Thanks for sharing @SajolKDas da. 

এটা আসলেই অনিন্দ্য সুন্দর এক নিদর্শন। আমি দুইবার গেছি। দুইবার ই মুগ্ধ হয়েছি। আরও যাওয়ার ইচ্ছা আছে আব্বু আম্মুকে নিয়ে ☺

Level 10

Hi @SajolKDas.

Its a beautiful masjid with 60 domes

Beautiful photos and detailed information make this place easy to reach. 

Thanks for sharing 

Level 8

@Meraj brother hi.

You are welcome and thanks for the compliment.

Level 8

@anazizullah ভাই বলেন কি? দুই দুই বার গিয়েছেন?

আসলেই খুব ভাল লাগছে যায়গাটা। পিছনের বিশালাকার পুকুর টা কিন্তু অসাধারন। 

Level 8

@AkmalB vai welcome.

Your compliments are inspiring.

I always love to share most details. 

Level 8

Thank You for sharing.

arifur