ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My visit to ECOLOGICAL RESERVE "Costanera Sur"

Hi Local Guides from all around the world, I hope you are doing well. 

This time I would like to share a bit about my visit to the Ecological Reserve "Costanera Sur" in the area of Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires City. Enjoy!

I visited this place with @santiagoirale on January 28th, after we visited El Zanjón (check the recap here!).

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14 (1).jpeg

Before you go through the main entrance there is a very beautiful fountain: "Las Nereidas":

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14.jpeg 

In my opinion this place is perfect for sport activities such as cycling and running, as well as having a nice walk on a sunny day. We've taken many nice pictures, here are a few I would like you to see:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13.jpeg

Before continuing reading the post, you should see my VIDEO RECAP:

This is one of my favorite pictures there (credits to @santiagoirale for the great shot!):

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14 (2).jpeg

After walking a lot, you get near the river and can see it closely...

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14 (4).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (2).jpeg

If you walk a bit more, you arrive to a beach! Actually it's forbidden to get into the water because of pollution, but some people don't care about it...

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (3).jpeg

Here are some pictures of te last part:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (5).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (4).jpeg

You can have a great sight of Puerto Madero skyscrapers which contrast with the green trees and plants.

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (6).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.13 (7).jpeg

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed my visit there.

My last advice... WEAR SUNSCREEN!

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.47.14 (5).jpeg

See you in another post! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur, Buenos Aires, Argentina
33 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My visit to ECOLOGICAL RESERVE "Costanera Sur"

Thanks @ValeriaA_

I love it.

I have to say that "Costanera Sur" is much much better now than during my visit on 1999. They were just starting to cleanup the area, and building Hilton Hotel in Puerto Madero. One year later, Diego Armando Maradona was at Hilton for presenting his book "Yo soy el Diego".

Oh, a lot of beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing

Have you been to Google Argentina too?

Ermes

Level 10

Es perfecto @ValeriaA_.

The beauty of ocean always attracts me. It can be human nature that he/she always seeks what he/she don't have.

Thanks for sharing the beauty around there.

Hope you will soon recover from sunburn. 😀

Happy times! happy mapping!

Connect Moderator

It's amazing ecological reserve @ValeriaA_ and thanks for sharing beautiful pictures with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@ErmesT those are really nice memories! I'm glad you liked the post.

Yes, I've been to Google Argentina offices on September 23rd for #a11y #accessibility day 🙂 I really enjoyed it.

ermest ha escrito:

Thanks @ValeriaAumasque

I love it.

I have to say that "Costanera Sur" is much much better now than during my visit on 1999. They were just starting to cleanup the area, and building Hilton Hotel in Puerto Madero. One year later, Diego Armando Maradona was at Hilton for presenting his book "Yo soy el Diego".

Oh, a lot of beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing

Have you been to Google Argentina too?

Ermes

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP it's actually not the sea but a river! Río de La Plata, it's called, and it's the widest river in the world. That's why it looks like the ocean 🙂

The ecological reserve is near the yellow pin that's marked in the map :)The ecological reserve is near the yellow pin that's marked in the map 🙂

Thanks for your support!

BishowvijayaP ha escrito:

Es perfecto @ValeriaAumasque.

The beauty of ocean always attracts me. It can be human nature that he/she always seeks what he/she don't have.

Thanks for sharing the beauty around there.

Hope you will soon recover from sunburn. 😀

Happy times! happy mapping!

Level 10

I'm happy you liked the post @NareshDarji 🙂 The reserve is a very nice place to enjoy!

NareshDarji ha escrito:

It's amazing ecological reserve @ValeriaAumasque and thanks for sharing beautiful pictures with us.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @ValeriaA_,

Nice places you have there, thanks for sharing them with us.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

@Surendra @MarinSt @SalmaanN @MaxWalsh @OSAMA @Justine2807 @ShafiulB @NunungAfuah @FaridTDF

I think you will like this post 🙂 Check it out!

Level 10

Hi @GeorgesHR, I was just about to tag you so you see it! 

I'm happy you liked it! I'm happy to share them with the community 🙂

GeorgesHR ha escrito:

Hey @ValeriaAumasque,

Nice places you have there, thanks for sharing them with us.

Best regards,

Georges