Faitho_kirui's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

My journey as a Local Guide

When I was posted to work as a field marketter in south Nyanza-kenya I was soo excited at the Sam time worried because I had never been there before neither did I knew anyone there. So when I arrived I used Google maps to quide me around if I needed to locate a shop, hotel or matatu pick up points. My life was much easier since I never had to really ask around about a place that is maybe just around the corner, I just locate and walk or take a motor bike, thanks to someone who map's these places I just wondered who it might be.

My job entails traveling alot so we have this app that tracks your movements and timings it's called retail field matrix (RFM) and when I installed it in my phone, every time I visited a new place or a shopping complex I had to map it first and that is when I began to get pop ups  informing me that I should add that place on Google map if it was not there.

I found it exciting and I just thought it was a great idea if by doing so I was going to help other people locate places with ease. That was back in august 2017 and since then I started doing mapping, posting pictures and reviews of already mapped places that I already visited. It became my hobby since every time I was on phone and not doing my call reports I could look upto those places I have visited and add them up here. 

Am soo excited doing this and I hope to meet other people who does the same because I am sure in one way or another we are going to share ideas that will help us better this platform.

Kisii town, Kenya
2 comments
Level 8

Re: My journey as a Local Guide

Nice to read your introduction, @Faitho_kirui.  Welcome to Local Guides Connect

Level 6

Re: My journey as a Local Guide

Thank you very much @RodneyJS