LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My favourite playground

This is the Cinque Torri area, a natural climbing gym really famous (Lacedelli and Compagnoni, the heroes of K2 trained here).

I love this place, and today was a perfect day, not so hot, not so cold for being at more than 2000 m.

Today for the first time I climbed one of the towers (The English Tower, on the right side of the complex) only with my daughter Virginia.

It's a simple two pitch route, around IV°.

I'm so proud of her.

Here you can see the second descent, we forgot the backpack at the start of the route, so no photos on the top.

Cinque Torri, Cortina d'Ampezzo, BL, Italia
5 comments
Level 10

Re: My favourite playground

Fantastic feat @LucioV from my non-climbers perspective. Beautiful scenery and excellent photos. It's unfortunate that you forgot the backpack as the photos from the top would be awesome. Ah, if I were only younger perhaps I could give climbing a try. When I was younger we used to go on "rock scrambles". Fun, but not as challenging as your climb. My hat is off to you both, but especially your daughter who is very athletic and brave. You are rightfully proud of her.

Enjoy!  @Koby

Level 10

@Koby wrote:

Fantastic feat @LucioV from my non-climbers perspective. Beautiful scenery and excellent photos. It's unfortunate that you forgot the backpack as the photos from the top would be awesome. Ah, if I were only younger perhaps I could give climbing a try. When I was younger we used to go on "rock scrambles". Fun, but not as challenging as your climb. My hat is off to you both, but especially your daughter who is very athletic and brave. You are rightfully proud of her.

Enjoy!  @Koby

Thanks @Koby! Luckily enough I had my personal foldable Eiffel tower with me, my drone 🙂 So later I had the opportunity to shoot some footage I will share later.

Climbing is an activity that, if you keep a good physical shape, you can do at any age; some months ago a Japanese climber 80 years old climbed Everest!

I'm so proud that my daughter loves climbing as me at her age!

Former Google Contributor

HI @LucioV,

Thank you for making us sympathetic to your adventures once again.

Climbing is a passion as I understand from people like you. Involving your daughter to this is really amazing. My son loves climbing too (just on the walls for now), but unfortunately none of our family is a climber so we can not support him the way you do to your daughter.

Can't wait to see the photos from your drone soon.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thanks @LucioV!

So nice photos and interesting post again!

The first and the second photos marvelous!

Breathtaking view on the mountain!

Level 10

Congratulations, dear @LucioV

Regards