PranaycoffeeC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Local Festival

เทศกาลท้องถิ่นของฉันเรียกว่าอยุธยามรดกโลกมีกิจกรรมมากมาย วาดลูกรางวัลเป็นรถ แต่ผมจับเพียงถ้วยลูกและสบู่ เทศกาลมีก๋วยเตี๋ยวสถานที่และการแต่งกายย้อนยุคมันสนุกมก. ครั้งต่อไปผมต้องการให้คุณมา

FB_IMG_1486213713619-816x459.jpg

atmosphereatmosphere

atmosphereatmosphere

atmosphereatmosphere

atmosphereatmosphere

atmosphereatmosphere

NoodleNoodle

20 bath/bowl20 bath/bowl

Red crossRed cross

20170204_203417-816x459.jpg

20170204_202400-816x459.jpg

SugarSugar

20170204_205856-816x459.jpg

Exchange For CashExchange For Cash

20170204_213616-459x816.jpg

Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Thailand
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My Local Festival

hi @PranaycoffeeC, fantastic photos. I love the photos of Watergames. Fantastic the effect of light and waters.

Thanks for sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PranaycoffeeC, it looks like a very nice event.

I am surprised nobody else has posted here (we need some help, @ErmesT@???).

It's such a great subject, there are many interesting, varied, and colourful festivals that go on right around the world. 

I am adding new photos of our 10 day Mengrai Festival, held each year at the end of January and into February.

Enjoy.

A cultural show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiA cultural show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

A cultural show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiA cultural show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Traditional/cultural music. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiTraditional/cultural music. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

raditional/cultural music. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rairaditional/cultural music. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Cutlass manufacturers demonstrate how they shape the blades. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiCutlass manufacturers demonstrate how they shape the blades. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

..and you can purchase the finished product right there - Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai..and you can purchase the finished product right there - Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Magic show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiMagic show. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Traditional fairground attractions. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiTraditional fairground attractions. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Choose a pet fish. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiChoose a pet fish. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

At the end of an evening, try to remember where you parked the bike. Mengrai Festival, Chiang RaiAt the end of an evening, try to remember where you parked the bike. Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous, il mio archivio non è molto dotato su questo argomento.

qualche screenshot del "Graduation day" in Piazza San Marco, a Venezia

Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day - High waterPiazza San Marco - Graduation day - High water

Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day - Il rettorePiazza San Marco - Graduation day - Il rettore  Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day -Piazza San Marco - Graduation day -

Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day -Piazza San Marco - Graduation day -  Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day -Piazza San Marco - Graduation day -

Piazza San Marco -  Graduation day - shot of a shotPiazza San Marco - Graduation day - shot of a shot

Anonymous
Not applicable

More from Mengrai Festival, Chiang Rai. A traditional costume contest which, for the record, included no (genetically) female participants. 

Mengrai Festival Chiang Rai, 2017Mengrai Festival Chiang Rai, 2017

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makha Bucha Day

This Buddhist event is held during the time of full moon in February. One of the ceremonies involves a candlelit procession where everybody, led by monks, will walk three times around a temple.

Light trails you see encircling the base of the pagoda (at Wat Hyua Pla Kang) are caused by candles people are holding as they walk. And if you look (very) closely, there is just a smudge of orange from the lead monks' robes at the head of procession.Makha Bucha Day - Light trails of the procession around Wat Hyua Pla Kang's pagodaMakha Bucha Day - Light trails of the procession around Wat Hyua Pla Kang's pagoda

Makha Bucha Day - A special merit making ceremony involving head monks from around the regionMakha Bucha Day - A special merit making ceremony involving head monks from around the region

I am surprised there are still no other festival photos from around the world submitted here. What do you say @ErmesT, perhaps discussion within this space flies under the radar because its lead post is written in Thai? Maybe nobody takes time out to translate, I really don't know. 

Connect Moderator

I don't know @Anonymous, I was immediatly captured by the beauty of the photos, and only after that I started the translator. So I really don't have an answer. I my case, I don't have this type of photos, this is a not explored experience. But I will do it in the future

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers @ErmesT, I'll keep on plugging away here irrespective of the abundance of blank space around me. Maybe the solution will be start a fresh thread headed in a language more universally popular than Thai. Perhaps. 

Stress Free Music Festival

Here's a snapshot from a nicely relaxed new two day event held Friday and Saturday last in the grounds of the Old Town Hall, Chiang Rai,

As it was sponsored by Tourism Authority of Thailand, my fingers are crossed this becomes an annual fixture in the whats-on calendar.Stress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang RaiStress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang Rai

Stress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang RaiStress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang Rai

Is he not liking what he hears?  The Stress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang RaiIs he not liking what he hears? The Stress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang Rai

Stress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang RaiStress Free Music Festival 2017, Chiang Rai

Connect Moderator