Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chiang Rai

There is much more to Chiang Rai than most short stay visitors ever experience. International guide books/tour operators tend to focus on a Chiang Mai labelled under banner headlines as being 'Northern Thailand'. Meanwhile this region habitually gets relegated to mere passing reference for how you may wish to spend a couple of extra free days.

That's misleading, and through a narrative of images I will seek to show you why.

Knowledge is power. Get informed, then decide for yourselves whether my Chiang Rai should become your Chiang Rai as a next holiday destination.

Enjoy!

Let's start with a few shots from the opening ceremony street parade at Chiang Rai Food Festival last Friday.

Opening Parade, Chiang Rai Food FestOpening Parade, Chiang Rai Food FestOpening Parade, Chiang Rai Food FestOpening Parade, Chiang Rai Food FestOpening Parade, Chiang Rai Food FestOpening Parade, Chiang Rai Food Fest

Chiang Rai Walking Street Wiang Chiang Rai Thailand
5 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Chiang Rai

What kind of images does the word Petanque conjure? Most likely different to what you are about to see.

Petanque is a popular sport in Chiang Rai and all ages participate.

This tournament was held recently in the ground of our Provincial Sports Stadium.

Petanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang RaiPetanque Tournament, Chiang Rai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a snapshot of how the 2017 Singha Park Balloon Festival looked. It's a free to visit event held mid-February each year.

Singha Park International Balloon Festival 2017, Chiang Rai.Singha Park International Balloon Festival 2017, Chiang Rai.

Singha Park International Balloon Festival 2017, Chiang Rai.Singha Park International Balloon Festival 2017, Chiang Rai.

Connect Moderator

Que hermosas fotos @Anonymous, gracias por compartirlo 

Saludos Farid

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FaridTDF thanks. I do appreciate you having taken time out to look at the thread.

Our New Cycle Track

Chiang Rai is becoming established as a hot destination for regional cyclists, and we have just introduced a brand new track which runs alongside the airport runway.

If you love cycling, nature, and the spirit of adventure, be sure to pay us a visit on a next trip to Thailand.

Trees form an archway along the bike track, Chiang Rai International AirportTrees form an archway along the bike track, Chiang Rai International Airport

Connect Moderator

Muchas gracias @Anonymous, es un gusto poder apreciar tus lindas fotos, y que las compartas con nosotros en Connect, te aceptó la invitación, si en algún momento visitó tu hermoso país. 

Me gusta salir a sacar fotos y demás, el ciclismo en donde vivió en Tierra del Fuego, es complicado los vientos son casi permanentes a más o menos 40 o 60km la hora .

Saludos Farid