Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My 360 "tours" on Street View

I got this Samsung Gear 360 camera about two weeks ago. Made (and shared/published) over 250 photo spheres ever since (there are a lot more to come - and especially a lot to "edit" and connect the spheres). 

This was made two days ago - please, "enter" the (preserved) ruins of this 13th century, Romanesque chapel here: https://goo.gl/maps/9CX3AWJzvn72

Felsődörgicsei templomrom, Dörgicse, Fő utca, Magyarország
8 comments
Level 6

Re: My 360 "tours" on Street View

I've been thinking in using Google Camera, It's that how you did it?

Monica

@petocsaba wrote:

I got this Samsung Gear 360 camera about two weeks ago. Made (and shared/published) over 250 photo spheres ever since (there are a lot more to come - and especially a lot to "edit" and connect the spheres). 

This was made two days ago - please, "enter" the (preserved) ruins of this 13th century, Romanesque chapel here: https://goo.gl/maps/9CX3AWJzvn72

Level 10

Hi Monica, 

I keep reading about this "Google Camera" app but am unable to find an app download anywhere. Could you show me a link to where it can be downloaded (read about)?

I made the photos with this Gear 360 camera and its app provided by Samsung. Connected the photo spheres (and uploaded the whole "collection" to Google Maps) with Google's Street View app.

Level 10

Wow @Csaba really nice! Thanks for sharing, this is a great example of virtual tour of a non-business point of interest, well done!

You did'nt have the opportunity to leave the camera alone on a pole and avoid your presence in nadir?

Level 8

Level 10

@LucioV: It was an excursion on a holiday so I only took a light monopod with me (we made quite long hikes in the mountains so I did not want to carry a heavy equipment). 

@YK1001: thanks. Now I already remember having installed this on my previous phone - I'll have another try with my new phone, too (although this Samsung phone I have has a pretty good camera app).

Level 10

Level 10

@LucioV wrote:

Someone knows why my post is vanishing?

This one did not vanish! 🙂

Level 6

Hi CsabaP,

Sorry for the long delay to answer...

Family health issues kept me out of "hobbies" for a while.

I hope since then you were able to see the Google camera on your App store, and all the cool changes into Street View App, and the Contribute App from Google.

Looking forward to see more pics from you!

Thanks

Monica