Prodeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Mumbai's Mohammed Ali Road during Ramzan.

You haven't eaten in Mumbai if you haven't eaten here at least once! Ramadan is the time when this place completely transforms itself into a food lovers delight! To expect a table reservation here would be an overstatement, you would lucky to find a seat as the place is brimming with foodies wanting to grab a bite.Makeshift stall but with seating.Makeshift stall but with seating.

Our corner stall opposite the Minara Masjid promptly served us steaming hot chicken starters, followed by some absolutely sumptuous Chicken Tikka Masala. The taste was truly heavenly with soft and succulent pieces with roomali roti and a gravy to die for! The options are plenty for the taste buds such as kebabs, khichdas, haleem to experiment and no food is complete without desserts. Cool Kesar phirni served in earthen pots, faloodas are a popular choice for many along with  some dripping hot malpuas!

One piece of advice before you get here: Stay hungry. And the best time to visit is dinner time.

Gastronomic delight near the Masjid.Gastronomic delight near the Masjid.

Kebab choices a plenty.Kebab choices a plenty.

Crispy chicken cutlets, hard to resist:)Crispy chicken cutlets, hard to resist:)

Rice cake and malpuas.Rice cake and malpuas.

Cold kesar phirni in earthen pots.Cold kesar phirni in earthen pots.

Dry sewai to take home.Dry sewai to take home.

Cheers.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Mumbai's Mohammed Ali Road during Ramzan.

Oh my, oh my! That's awesome @Prodeep. I'd love to try these delights. Everything looks so delicious. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

You are welcome @NadyaPN for a pop-in here! The makeshift stalls are interesting cause when I asked the waiter why is there no name for their stall, he said they were there only for the month of Ramadan!:) Just imagining what good they could do  actually opening a permanent one, whipping out these tasty delights!

Cheers!

Level 8

@Prodeep wrote:

You haven't eaten in Mumbai if you haven't eaten here at least once! Ramadan is the time when this place completely transforms itself into a food lovers delight! To expect a table reservation here would be an overstatement, you would lucky to find a seat as the place is brimming with foodies wanting to grab a bite.Makeshift stall but with seating.Makeshift stall but with seating.

Our corner stall opposite the Minara Masjid promptly served us steaming hot chicken starters, followed by some absolutely sumptuous Chicken Tikka Masala. The taste was truly heavenly with soft and succulent pieces with roomali roti and a gravy to die for! The options are plenty for the taste buds such as kebabs, khichdas, haleem to experiment and no food is complete without desserts. Cool Kesar phirni served in earthen pots, faloodas are a popular choice for many along with  some dripping hot malpuas!

One piece of advice before you get here: Stay hungry. And the best time to visit is dinner time.

Gastronomic delight near the Masjid.Gastronomic delight near the Masjid.

Kebab choices a plenty.Kebab choices a plenty.

Crispy chicken cutlets, hard to resist:)Crispy chicken cutlets, hard to resist:)

Rice cake and malpuas.Rice cake and malpuas.

Cold kesar phirni in earthen pots.Cold kesar phirni in earthen pots.

Dry sewai to take home.Dry sewai to take home.

Cheers.

This is mouth watering food.

Thank you for sharing Prodeep. Hey Chef @OSAMA Please have a look. :)))

Level 7

@Prodeep

Incredible flavors of India 🙂

Level 8

Thank you @Badruddeen the pleasure is all mine:) Relishing it there has been an experience.

Cheers.

Level 8

Well said @ChandraBhanu And truly global at that. In France, there's a British restaurant whose favourite menu is chicken tikka masala!:)

Cheers.

Level 8

These food looks great. Its like a food festival. 🙂 @Prodeep

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @Prodeep

In the month of Ramadan,the Ramadan bazaars are quite similar,but the Muhammed Ali road is just awesome and the variety of different foods are simply amazing,

I love all these recipes,

The photos are really good

Thanks for sharing

Level 9

OMG @Prodeep... very nice post

@Badruddeen i will check this post after one hour i am fasting now , and there are yummy yummy dishes :))))