aklantak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Mesmerising Munnar: Through the Lenses of a Google Local Guide!

oh @aklantak, no problem. You can use the translation function that Google provvide in every page. English from/to Italian works fine 🙂
I also think that to give "continuity" at the story is important, and more interesting to read (and to write) instead of to have many posts about the same things, so I encourage everyone to posts more and more about so beautiful places.
Thanks again, and sorry for my "poor" English

Level 9

@aklantak Thanks for sharing such nice story of a place. There are many beautiful places to visit in our country that I would like to experience. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 8

Thanks @TraciC. Really glad you liked the post. 

@TraciC wrote:

What a beautiful place to have a business trip, @aklantak. Thank you so much for sharing this post along with the detailed descriptions!

Level 8

Thanks @ErmesT, yes that's a good idea. I was not so sure about how effectively translate would work. Giving it a try. 

@ErmesT wrote:

oh @aklantak, no problem. You can use the translation function that Google provvide in every page. English from/to Italian works fine 🙂
I also think that to give "continuity" at the story is important, and more interesting to read (and to write) instead of to have many posts about the same things, so I encourage everyone to posts more and more about so beautiful places.
Thanks again, and sorry for my "poor" English

Level 8

You are welcome @DrShaunak, Glad you liked it.

When you plan a visit, you'll find this community Kerala Local Guides (https://plus.google.com/communities/116710017243062726855@) very informative and helpful. Its moderator @Steve_ introduced me to the group. It is awesome. All the best.

@DrShaunakD wrote:

@aklantak Thanks for sharing such nice story of a place. There are many beautiful places to visit in our country that I would like to experience. 🙂 

Level 3

The most beautiful hill station in Kerala,the beauty is so enchanting that one feels to stay forever

Level 4

Gracias por compartir tus fotos, son muy explícitas.

@aklantak wrote:

I was on a short business trip to this scenic hill station located in the southwestern Indian state of Kerala recently. In the two days I spent in the town during this period, I took my morning time out to walk across and capture awesomeness of the place - situated at around 5200 ft above the sea level.

IMG_20170212_070949.jpg

IMG_20170212_071606.jpg

This hill station was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India.

IMG_20170211_072547.jpg

You can’t but be touched by the greenery of its majestic sprawling tea plantations and winding lanes.

IMG_20170211_183100.jpg  
The Mattupetty dam, located about 13 km from Munnar Town at the height of 1700 m above the sea level is known for its storage masonry dam and the beautiful lake.

IMG_20170211_072712.jpg

IMG_20170211_075338.jpg

When you take a morning walk across Munnar, you are definitely going to be mesmerised by the sight of scenic sunrise - beaming sun-rays peeping through the tree leaves, spreading over the endless greenery of the tea trees.

IMG_20170212_070057.jpg

Munnar was unexplored and wild till the second half of the 19th century, mostly inhabited by Muthuvan tribal community. Later it was developed as a plantation town by a British resident John Daniel Munro.

IMG_20170212_071816-01.jpeg

If you love strolling around in tranquil places, away from the hustles of busy city life, Munnar is the place to be. The short trip left me with a lot of Munnar to be explored and experienced. An excuse to be there again!

PS: If you have been to Munnar, would love to hear your experience and see any of your snaps! 

@aklantak wrote:

I was on a short business trip to this scenic hill station located in the southwestern Indian state of Kerala recently. In the two days I spent in the town during this period, I took my morning time out to walk across and capture awesomeness of the place - situated at around 5200 ft above the sea level.

IMG_20170212_070949.jpg

IMG_20170212_071606.jpg

This hill station was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India.

IMG_20170211_072547.jpg

You can’t but be touched by the greenery of its majestic sprawling tea plantations and winding lanes.

IMG_20170211_183100.jpg  
The Mattupetty dam, located about 13 km from Munnar Town at the height of 1700 m above the sea level is known for its storage masonry dam and the beautiful lake.

IMG_20170211_072712.jpg

IMG_20170211_075338.jpg

When you take a morning walk across Munnar, you are definitely going to be mesmerised by the sight of scenic sunrise - beaming sun-rays peeping through the tree leaves, spreading over the endless greenery of the tea trees.

IMG_20170212_070057.jpg

Munnar was unexplored and wild till the second half of the 19th century, mostly inhabited by Muthuvan tribal community. Later it was developed as a plantation town by a British resident John Daniel Munro.

IMG_20170212_071816-01.jpeg

If you love strolling around in tranquil places, away from the hustles of busy city life, Munnar is the place to be. The short trip left me with a lot of Munnar to be explored and experienced. An excuse to be there again!

PS: If you have been to Munnar, would love to hear your experience and see any of your snaps! 

Level 9

Hi @aklantak I visited Munnar in 2006, my aunt live in Thiruvella. it's similar to Sri Lanka central Province 🙂

Level 4

Hi, it seems so nice. Do you speak SPanish?

Level 3

English,Hindi, Gujarati, Telugu