aklantak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Mesmerising Munnar: Through the Lenses of a Google Local Guide!

I was on a short business trip to this scenic hill station located in the southwestern Indian state of Kerala recently. In the two days I spent in the town during this period, I took my morning time out to walk across and capture awesomeness of the place - situated at around 5200 ft above the sea level.

IMG_20170212_070949.jpg

IMG_20170212_071606.jpg

This hill station was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India.

IMG_20170211_072547.jpg

You can’t but be touched by the greenery of its majestic sprawling tea plantations and winding lanes.

IMG_20170211_183100.jpg  
The Mattupetty dam, located about 13 km from Munnar Town at the height of 1700 m above the sea level is known for its storage masonry dam and the beautiful lake.

IMG_20170211_072712.jpg

IMG_20170211_075338.jpg

When you take a morning walk across Munnar, you are definitely going to be mesmerised by the sight of scenic sunrise - beaming sun-rays peeping through the tree leaves, spreading over the endless greenery of the tea trees.

IMG_20170212_070057.jpg

Munnar was unexplored and wild till the second half of the 19th century, mostly inhabited by Muthuvan tribal community. Later it was developed as a plantation town by a British resident John Daniel Munro.

IMG_20170212_071816-01.jpeg

If you love strolling around in tranquil places, away from the hustles of busy city life, Munnar is the place to be. The short trip left me with a lot of Munnar to be explored and experienced. An excuse to be there again!

PS: If you have been to Munnar, would love to hear your experience and see any of your snaps! 

Munnar, Kerala, India
39 comments
Level 7

Re: Mesmerising Munnar: Through the Lenses of a Google Local Guide!

hi @aklantak

Welcome to local guides connect.

Seen the great shoots you have taken during  Munnar trip. I really admire your photography skills.

It would be great to see such awesome picturesque of this undulated lush green city.  Munnar is  among top honeymoon destination in India. I hope your post will help other guides also..

Thank you very much for your post.

Level 9

@aklantak Nice to see your photographs. 

Level 8

Thank you for the word of appreciation @Sushant1. Local Guides Connect is a great platform to connect, share and learn. Happy connecting.

@sushantp wrote:

hi @aklantak

Welcome to local guides connect.

Seen the great shoots you have taken during  Munnar trip. I really admire your photography skills.

It would be great to see such awesome picturesque of this undulated lush green city.  Munnar is  among top honeymoon destination in India. I hope your post will help other guides also..

Thank you very much for your post.

Level 8

Thanks @MelbinM. Glad you liked the photographs. Happy connecting on

@MelbinM wrote:

@aklantak Nice to see your photographs. 

Local Guide Connect!

Level 1

@aklantak What a great location for a business trip! It looks so peaceful, with no other human in any of your photos.

Level 8

@MariahK,

Enviable isn't it? 🙂

These are mostly early morning picks, so... Irrespective of that, Munnar in general is known for its tranquility and scenic beauty.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @aklantak, i like the way you guide us with your words, from Image to Image. And I like the peaceful place you are showing to us with your Beautiful photos

Level 8

Thank you @ErmesT,

Yes its one of the most beautiful and tranquil places I have ever visited. Glad you liked the post and the images.

@ErmesT wrote:

Thanks @aklantak, i like the way you guide us with your words, from Image to Image. And I like the peaceful place you are showing to us with your Beautiful photos

Level 3

True..Munnar is a vibrant and beautiful place...kerala food and climate is amazing...