GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Manhattanhenge

There's only 2 days a year where the sun sets perfectly aligned with the street grid of Manhattan. This year was on May 30, which was very cloudy and yesterday, July 11, which had a beatiful sunset so everybody went out to take a picture... including me! 

The best place for a picture, in my opinion, it's on the 42 street close to Tudor City building.

13668961_10153672552512681_5066434397852896618_n.jpg

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Tudor City, New York, NY, United States
12 comments
Level 4

Re: Manhattanhenge

had already heard in this place, one day I want to see close.

Wow - this is a great picture @GusMoreira. This street is packed because of this phenomenon? 

I'm so jealous that you had the chance to experience this, @GusMoreira 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Yeap! The cars could barely move...

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

A friend that lives in NYC sent me his Manhattanhenge photo too.  Not quite as perfect as yours!

Beautifully done!  Must have been quite the sight, all the people out trying to capture an image of it.  Like Pokemon!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Wow, what a strinking image!!! Looks like a scene from a comic book.

Level 8

fantastic photo!

Level 7

Great capture! That sky looks ominous! 👍

Level 10

Awesome, @GusMoreira. Kind regards from Osaka78