AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Manchester Local LG: April Photowalk Recap

Hey'up from sunny Manchester!! It really is sunny.. just generally hidden behind grey clouds!

So last Sunday, Manchester Local Guides organised a photo walk to Salford Quays via a superb water taxi ride along the River Irvell/Manchester Ship Canal. Stephen Caldwell from the Water Taxi company (https://www.manchesterwatertaxis.com/) kindly offered us a huge discount and a 'custom' ride where we got to stop at different points to take photos throughout the journey. Definitely a fun ride and the taxi drivers were great and supportive too!

Photo Credit: Iain GoodallPhoto Credit: Iain GoodallPhoto Credit: Tim BullPhoto Credit: Tim BullPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Peter WilliamsPhoto Credit: Peter WilliamsPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Adrian Lunsong

At Salford Quays, we stopped by the Imperial War Museum to capture the beauty of the building and also the exhibits within, before we walked around the MediaCity area and enjoyed a brief stop at the Blue Peter Garden. It really is small but for those who grew up watching Blue Peter, it was a delight for them to reminisce on good old memories. We then took the water taxi back into town and descended upon The Wharf for a hearty Sunday roast.

Whilst waiting for dinner to be served, I got the guys to pick their two best photos to print out and held a mini competition to pick the best two photos of the day! After rounds of silent voting, we got our two winners; Mark P and Nasko S!! Well done guys and hope you enjoyed your boxes of chocolates.

Photo Credit: Nasko Stanchev (2nd Place WINNER!)Photo Credit: Nasko Stanchev (2nd Place WINNER!)Photo Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Adrian LunsongPhoto Credit: Mark Percival (1st Place WINNER!)Photo Credit: Mark Percival (1st Place WINNER!)Photo Credit: Tim BullPhoto Credit: Tim Bull

It was a good 7+ hours with the other Local Guides and I think we all had a very good time. Some were new to the program and still finding their feet. Some were new to photo walks too. So all in, it was a good intro to what we do! For more photos from the day, please visit the group album that @TimBull created; https://photos.app.goo.gl/jz34dnLa6zlsf73k2.

For those unfamiliar with the Manchester bunch, we try to organise an event a month and it varies from photo walks to meals out to visits to different places. We have some grand ideas for events later in the year so stay tuned. Also, we have a WhatsApp group if you're interested to be part of the discussions and event planning; we generally restrict this to locals who are actually able to participate in events in Manchester. Message me to get access to it. For more generic stuff, visit our G+ page https://plus.google.com/communities/108999628485359692675

Hope you enjoy this recap!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Manchester, UK
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Manchester Local LG: April Photowalk Recap

Thanks @AdrianLunsong for sharing! It was a really good event.  

I think we have a really great group of people coming to our Manchester events now.

Its taken a while for us to get it off the ground but I think the two of us running a every month has worked! The Train one last month was also a great success. 

These are my personal fav shots of the event: You have to love a boat ride right?! 

IMG_20180408_151139.jpg

MVIMG_20180408_145418.jpg

If you have never been the the Imperial War museum at Salford Keys (Just outside Manchester) Its well worth a visit! 

IMG_20180408_155431.jpg

IMG_20180408_155437.jpg

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 9

Re: Manchester Local LG: April Photowalk Recap

Its amazing  .. I like it when time goes 7 hours with friends and taking photos .. excellent photos  .. nice to see you Tim and all of you guys  ..