MONDRITO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

ME@MOTHER

I came across this sculpture  in one busy yet absent-minded city life!ME@ MOTHERME@ MOTHER

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: ME@MOTHER

Hey @MONDRITO,

Thanks for sharing this picture. It would look a lot better if it was straightened up.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

Hi@ GeorgeHR, 

Thanks for your close look ! 

Level 9

Hi@GeorgeHR!

I was little bit surprised also about your nice suggestion . But the strange thing is that when took that snap , it was absolutely straight in looking as soon as I uploaded the same pic , it appears to be  rotated completely to 90 degree from its initial look . Is there any way to avoid that awkward display ?

Please help me with your expert opinion 

Regards

Mondrito 

Level 8

Hi @MONDRITO

Look like the system recognises photos  with landscape orientation only

try following

1. Take the picture in landscape orientation.

or

2. Convert the portrait to a landscape using an edit tool 

cheers

Level 8

Yet again

I noticed CaptainHook has posted some beautiful photos in portrait orientation.

can you please guide us.

Cc.

@MONDRITO

@CaptainHook 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/85103

Level 9

Hi@PRASANNA-ARYAPREMA!

Thank you for your ifo and reference . I must look into that . 

Regards

MONDRITO

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Prasanna-Aryaprema,

Thanks for your involvement in the Community. It is possible @CaptainHook wont receive your tag, since it looks like the tagging did not go through.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hello @MONDRITO@Prasanna-Aryaprema and @GeorgesHR

First of all, thanks for your trust and appreciation!

Second, I didn't do any magic with my posts, just uploaded the portrait pictures and it worked, honestly - but for one! That one I didn't upload in the end. It was taken with phone, is it also your case, @MONDRITO?

The thing is that phones tend get in lag when using camera and this lag may cause the oriantation information that is taken from the gyro to get rotten. Then  the photo will appear diferently oriented in defferent viewers/apps. Editorial systems like LGC are very sensitive on that so they may read the information wrong thus displaying the picture in random orientation.

I examined the possibilities of rotating pictures within the LGC editor but appearently, there's none as it uses pure HTML and we would need CSS for that. So I suggest you stick with @Prasanna-Aryaprema's advice and rotate the picture in any editor counterwise to what happens to it here. Or even a slight edit and saving as jpeg/bpm in the most stupid editor you can fetch (like Paint) could do as it should erase the original meta-data.

Good luck.

PS: Interesting snapshotin any case!

Level 8

Thanks @CaptainHook

Beautifully explained 

Cheers

Prasanna

@MONDRITO

@GeorgesHR