LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi at night

Abu-Dabi-y-hoteles-de-lujo.jpg

On April 2015 I visited Abu Dhabi and, one night, using my tripod and some filters I tried to capture some nice shots of the Al-Ras Al-Akhdar district. In the photo you could see the Etihad Towers to the left (there is an intense scene there in Fast&Furious 7), where the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is (and where I stayed during my trip). To the right, you see the Emirates Palace, the most expensive hotel in the world and owned by Abu Dhabi's royal family. Between them you'll see some other hotels that at that time were still under construction, such as a Grand Hyatt and the Bab Al Qasr.

The picture is a long exposure (I believe it was at least 30 seconds) so, of course, you need a tripod for something like that.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Jumeirah At Etihad Towers - Al Ras Al Akhdar - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi at night

Que hermosa foto @LuisRG , esta buena la indicación para tenerlo en cuenta cuando realice una foto de ese estilo. Es un lugar que por lo menos hay que visitar una vez, esta muy lejos de TDF.

Wow, I realy need to get over there. It looks so beautiful.

Gracias @FaridTDF. Es bonito pero en unos años va a ser incluso mejor (hay mucho en construcción)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Thanks @Corrie. And in a few years time Abu Dhabi is going to be like Dubai is today. Frank Gehry is building a new Guggenheim, Zaha Hadid designed another museum, Sir Norman Foster another one, and Jean Nouvel is the designer of the Louvre that they will have.

Thanks @LuisRG for sharing! How many stops did you use for your filter?  The sky colour is really pretty too - what time did you shoot this?

@YanniY I use a Neutral Density filter of 8 stops to be able to take long exposure shots even in daylight 🙂

Level 7

That looks fantastic. Abu Dhabi is on my list of places I hope to visit soon 🙂 

Level 10

What a eye catching photo you snapped @LuisRG.

The water seems like a blue floor. Buildings are reminding me of Las Vegas.

But I never have been in Las Vegas, I watched the place in YouTube videos. hahaha 🙂

Level 7

Hi @LuisRG, it's a wonderful picture with excellent combination of colors and reflections 👍👍

If you are planning to visit UAE in future, pleasedo let us know 😊