Osamnsa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Local Markets

My Name is Osam Nsa a Nigerian and a lover of adventure. Today I'd like to talk about a market in a Village called Okurikang Okoyong in Odukpani LGA of Cross River State here in Nigeria.

At the provision section of the Okurikang MarketAt the provision section of the Okurikang Market

This place don't even show on the map, its a market which holds three times each week; Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and attracts people from Calabar, Uyo and Ikot Ekpene from Akwa Ibom State, and as far as Aba in Abia State. 

The market has a lot of cassava, fresh fruits and vegs  palm oil and other palm produce and a rich collection of fabrics. Its more like a hub where farmers meet with buyers. Oh I almost forgot the fish, snails and oyster... So much sea foods on display here.

Its a great place to be. On Tuesday I'd explore more of this market.

Feel free to drop your comments. 

Ekori/Anaku, Nigeria
8 comments
Level 6

Re: Local Markets

@Osamnsa

Hi there Osam, Welcome to Connect.

Thank you for sharing information about Okurikang Okoyong. I would love to see more photos.

It's a shame when places don't appear on Google Maps, is there anything you do to help fix this?

Best wishes

James

Level 3

@James8Arthur wrote:

@Osamnsa

Hi there Osam, Welcome to Connect.

Thank you for sharing information about Okurikang Okoyong. I would love to see more photos.

It's a shame when places don't appear on Google Maps, is there anything you do to help fix this?

Best wishes

James

Oh most definitely... I'll post more pictures by Tuesday when the market holds. Thanks for your feedback. I needed it, at least someone out there is listening!

Best regards

Osam.

Level 3

Local Markets part 2

Re: james4arthur 

Here are more pictures from the local market in Okurikang.

DSC_0123.JPG

More from the Okurikang Market.More from the Okurikang Market.

That's me talking to a dried fish sellerThat's me talking to a dried fish seller

The market is big and I took as much pictures as I possibly could. I pray this community gets on the map soon!

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing, @Osamnsa. The market really deserves some attention. 

Have you tried to Add a missing place to the map? It would take some time but its what you can do to contribute positively to the market. Another thing possible is the people in charge of the market to make a registration on Google My Business.

Also, I'm merging Local Markets part 2 with this post so we can keep track. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 3

@IrrPavlova, thanks for your feed back and advice. I already have two businesses that I have listed on google my business and for over 4 or 5 months I have not recieved my verification codes.

You see, over here we don't have organized addresses and time zone difference will not permit for video calls.

I understand it will take long but I will keep trying.

Thanks and Best regards Osam.

Level 6

Re: Local Markets part 2

This market looks cool, I could walk around there all day - thank you so much for all the extra pictures @Osamnsa.

PS I hope you manage to get those businesses listed soon, don't give up.

Best wishes

James8Arthur

Level 3

@James8Arthur

@James8Arthur

Thought you'd like some more pix... I wanted to climb up a tree and get a good Ariel view.. I'll do that tomorrow... I'll tag u on the post when I do.

Best regards Osamnsa.

Level 6

Just don't hurt yourself falling from a tree @Osamnsa.

Look forward to more photos though 🙂