Andras_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides XMAS tree!

Hi fellow LGs,

We just had a walk in our city today afternoon. It was pretty windy (around 40-50km/h) but it was anyway nice. During these walks while our toddler was sleeping, we were checking the places, doing map editing, taking photos so having fun.

In our city, Gödöllő, in every year there is a special business, opened only in this season, from end of Oct until end of Dec, so only for 2 months. I know, I know. This is just way too early, talking about XMAS right now, on 28th of Oct. I know. But I have to tell you guys this story:)

The place is a XMAS market, called "Karácsony ház = XMAS House". My wife, @Fructy loves it, so we visit it every year, actually several times. In this year they moved into a new building, which is not yet renovated (It is an historical building which was a former part of the baroque Royal Palace of Gödöllő) so it has a kind of unique mood anyway.

The reason why I am writing about it is the following. We just went into the building and the first thing I have noticed was a huge XMAS tree with World globes, paper maps, suitcases in different sizes and another travel related things.

And at that moment I have just realized, if a Local Guides XMAS tree would even exist, definitely this would be the exact materialized format. Let me share a photo with you, hope you like it 🙂 Merry XMAS in advance to you!This is the Local Guides XMAS tree '17 - with World Globes, Paper Maps and SuitcasesThis is the Local Guides XMAS tree '17 - with World Globes, Paper Maps and Suitcases

Gödöllő, Magyarország
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides XMAS tree!

@Andras_H for you all baby  😉  you can took any one 22829506_2013151182032030_809757144913954641_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

It is definitely a LG tree. 😄 Now, I would like to make a tree like this. 

Level 8

thanks @MahabubMunna, but I do not want to have an ordinary XMAS tree any more after seeing this one, I am sorry 😄

Connect Moderator

@Fructy wrote:

It is definitely a LG tree. 😄 Now, I would like to make a tree like this. 

Dont forget to take a photo of that tree and post it here, on the comment box. @Fructy

@Andras_H, that's an amazing Christmas tree. The idea must have been absorbed by a local guide....or at least a globe trotter. If you happen to come across the person who's brain child this tree is, please convey my gratitude to him for such a wonderful tree.

And yes, Merry Christmas to you and @Fructy and the entire Connect team too, who are celebrating!