sidhu634's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Level 6: My journey so far as a local guide

Hello from INDIA, my name is Sudhanshu and what a day it is share to my experience with all my fellow guides. You guys are awesome and inspire others to share their experiences, and also have helped millions of people around the world in discovering new places without hesitation. So here is a big cheers to all of you out there doing such great work.

As this is my story lets start. I was once travelling with my mother to new city called Jaipur in Rajasthan. I was to go to a specific place to meet someone and I had full address written in my travel book. But to my surprise after reaching there and asking from as many as if not less 150 people about that place, no one new the exact location to that destination. I tried contacting my friend but to my bad luck it too was futile. After 2 days of continuous searching I gave up and returned back home. On that day I felt that this is not only problem, many other people might also be facing same as I had my experience. That was back in 2012, some 6 years back, and wanted something to done for all travelling to new places. Then later I bought a smartphone and came to know about Google maps and its contribution page. And that day I knew that this is what I was looking for.

So till date I have contributed more than 50 reviews, answered nearly 850 questions, and 5 local edits. Although these are not great figures but ask me what it feels to be like when someone says that I was able to find this place just because it was marked on google with reviews to support for a hassle free travel.

Good bless google for such a life changing program. Looking towards my journey with other fellow Guides, together we can make this a better place.

cheers and keep contributing.

Sonipat, Haryana, India