YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Let's share the Highest Building in our region

@Csaba,

I guess the only doubt is just it IS the, or it WAS the, highest building in the region.  Absolute height does not matter.

Normally, City will just keep developing higher and higher buildings.  It is amazing there is no higher building in your region yet.

Level 10

Well, @YK1001, apparently it WAS the highest building (currently there is one with 17 storeys only). 

As you can see from this photo (again, taken "from the web" but I do not know the creator), the city line is quite different here - in general - and that high building was indeed a sore wound in the view: 

Level 8

@YK1001 Interesting topic. In the Czech Republic there are not many tall buildings. Even the tallest building parameters are compared with the world small. Currently the tallest building in the Czech Republic AZ Tower. The building is 111 meters high.

https://goo.gl/maps/LKirsnELnFz

brno_az_tower_3.jpg

Level 10
Level 8

It is always refreshing to see buildings having non-glass exteriors, @Myrathor.

Thank you for sharing!

Googler

I love this thread, @JeslynL@YK1001@LucioV@Myrathor@Csaba and @SalmaanN! I don't have any photos of One World Trade Center uploaded to Google Maps but I better get on that! 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

@YK1001 The frontage is composed of glazed ceramic blocks. The entire south frontage of the elevator shaft, which has a total area of seven hundred meters square, covering photovoltaic panels that supply electricity to the common areas of the building.

Level 8

Energy-efficient building is the way to go.  

Using the Highest building to test the leading edge tech is very reasonble as it will help the tech to mature and spread out to more buildings.

Level 10

@TraciC wrote:

I love this thread, @JeslynL@YK1001@LucioV@Myrathor@Csaba and @SalmaanN! I don't have any photos of One World Trade Center uploaded to Google Maps but I better get on that! 🙂

I have one.... is taken so faaar, but you can see the Liberty Statue too!

12307106374_a97488ab37_k.jpg

Level 10

I shoot this from my car.

I think at this stage was already the tallest building in NY.

_LUV2399.png