Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index]

Local Local Guides Guiding Local Guides - Intro

We are Local Guides

Local refers to the places where we are, to the area that we know

Guides refers to what we do, sharing our experience of our area with others, helping others, providing information that, being Local, we have.

LG Summit 2017 have been, for the 151 that have been so lucky to be invited, an amazing experience, two and a half day all together.

151, coming from 62 different countries, speaking different languages, all together for the Summit

For many of us was the first Summit, for some of us was the very first time in USA

Many of us arrived in San Francisco some day before the Summit, others decided to stay longer. We call it pre-Summit and post-Summit.

All the Local Guides that were in San Francisco for the very first time can tell you the same story. All of them, included me, have been helped by other Local Guides.

Local Guides that, because living there, or because already at the second Summit, we will define as Local

This post is for them, for the local Local Guides, for thanking them for the effort they putted, being Local Guides, in helping the other Local Guides

The locals helped in a lot of different way, from the simple "best place for breakfast is.." sent via HangOut, to the amazing organization of pre and post Summit activities, or guided tours, or ...

Everyone of us have the same different story (equal in diversity, you know?) but a common experience.

So, what is this post for?

This post is an index, a place to link all the post that you want to share, with your own experience of "a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide"

Do you want to share your experience with the community? Write a post, tag me so I will be informed, and at the end of your post put a link back to this page. I will update the index page, adding a link to your post, building up in this way a collective virtual book of memories.

Why I'm doing in this way? Because it will became easier to read, all the single post indexed in only one place. Not a long thread to scroll, page by page, to find the next post, but a quick jump from a post to another. Feel free to reply or add a comment in every post, it will not go to influence the reading of the book

Who can write a post? Everyone of the 151 that have been to the summit. Googlers are welcome too, if they want to share their experience with us (Googlers are humans too, you know).

How to write a story? In the way that you like, only remembering that the topic is "a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide". I suggest to have a flow, a dynamic movement in your storyboard. Try to imagine this like a movie, with a lot of subjectives camera, moving from different directions, sometime crossing with others, all converging at five o' clock to a single target, the LGsummit2017. Well, you are one of the cameras, and the sum of all the post is the film.

Do we have to write 150 stories? may be, or may be not. May be you want to split your experience in more than one part, or may be you want to write a "multiple hands" post, 2, 3, 4 of you working in a shared documents, adding a the personal view of everyone, sharing your photos in the same post, local and non local guides together.

well, some story is already on so, write your story and let me know, I will link it down here. I will start with mine (hehe)

Ermes

San Francisco, California, Stati Uniti
38 comments
Connect Moderator

LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index - page 1]

LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index - page 1]

0) episode 0 - by @PaulPavlinovich -  Guides helping other Local Guides -

local Local Guide are: @KarenVChin and @PaulPavlinovich

1) episode 1 - by @ErmesT - monday, October 9 - From Italy to San Francisco -

local Local Guide is: @KarenVChin

DSC03601.jpg

2) episode 2 - by @AlejandraMaria - thuesday, October 10 - arrival to Hyatt -

local Local Guide is:

We couldn´t stop moving :)))We couldn´t stop moving :)))

3) episode 3 - by @SarahKa - from thuesday, October 10 - full Recap -

local Local Guide is:

Sarahka.jpg

4) episode 4 - by @NatalkaR - thuesday, October 10 - welcome party -

local Local Guide is:

Natalkar.jpg

5) episode 5 - by @Andras_H- from sunday October 8 to thuesday, October 10 - pre Summit activities - 

local Local Guide are: @KarenVChin and @KimberlyAnnG

2017-10-09_16-26-06_DSC_1300-171.jpg

6) episode 6 - by @SoniaK from sunday October 8 to thuesday, October 10 - pre Summit activities - 

2017-10-09_18-34-31_DSC_1330-167.jpg

7) episode 7 - by @MariaFernandaS from sunday October 8 to thuesday, October 10 - pre Summit activities - 

local Local Guide is:

Maria.jpg

Connect Moderator

LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index - page 2]

LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index - page 2]

😎 episode 8 - by @HeyJoe from saturday October 7 to sundayday, October 8 - pre Summit activities - 

local Local Guide is:

post_J.JPG

9) episode 9 - by @HeyJoe  Yosemite National Day Trip - pre Summit activities - 

local Local Guide is:

yosemiteByJ.JPG

10) episode 10 (double) - by @KarenVChin and @ErmesT  December 10 - pre-summit. A double side story

Caption: First time together, Friends ForeverCaption: First time together, Friends Forever

11) episode 11 - by @HeyJoe  36 walk - pre Summit activities - 

local Local Guide is: @PaulPavlinovich

_JJN9021.jpg

12) episode 12 - by @HeyJoe  Summit Video Recap 

Joe_LGSummit_Highlight.JPG

13) Selfie - by @PavelSarwar Selfie at Summit '17

Pavel_Selfie.JPG

14) episode 14 - by @Badruddeen - Transit in San Francisco with Karen after LGSummit17

after_summit.JPG

15) episode 15 - by @TimBull - Team Yosemite

Tim.jpg

Level 9

Re: LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index]

I like your Creativety @ErmesT 🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖

Connect Moderator

Thanks @OSAMA, I just hope this post can help, in a funny way, to spread to the others the LG message. We have seen a lot of beautiful things at the summit, but what was really,really beautiful, was the way in wich everyone of us was acting in helping others

Ermes

Level 8

Superb way of collecting experience of Summit attendees, @ErmesT.. Its great to read about their experiences.. This post direct me to their recaps of Summit.. Thank you 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

A way to experience virtually  what 151 experienced in Summit 17. Thank you so much for taking this initiation @ErmesT.

Level 9

Re: LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index - page 1]

Thank you very much for the index @ErmesT.

The history is a bit different from you initial idea, but is running... Has is own life 🙂

Level 9

@ErmesTyou are always the creative man i have found around in LG connect.

I think your activity making different here. 😄

Love to see all there post together.

More from attendee should be posted here.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @AlejandraMaria

Of course, I've planned something, then the story is taking his own life, and this is how it has to be. This is making me more curious, as I have no idea about how the next post will be. 

Thanks @RonneBD

I don't think I'm creative, I'm rationally trying to experiment something different from the usual post. Summit 2017 was an extraordinary experience for the 151, and I think we should find a way to share it with all the others. 

I'm happy that you like the idea, we are a community so we like to work together and the summit was an important input for this (thanks again @TraciC)

@BishowvijayaP

@SalmaanN

@OSAMA

All of you deserved to be there, for the important impulse that all of you are giving to our community. We were probably luckiest, so we want all being part of this. 

Ermes