Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE --- ST LEONARD DES BOIS

Hi guys,

I went to the country side this week-end and I thought that some of you could be interested discovering it.

On saturday, after lunch, we went for a walk to a place where I spent lot of time when I was teenager. But this time, I saw it with new eyes. I saw the beauty of the place where before it was just a great place to relax with friends.

Are you ready to discover a bit more my world?

This is a small village call Saint Léonard des Bois in France. It is in the classified site Alpes Mancelles (west of France).

It is a bit hilly. There are two small mountains (Haut Fourché and Narbonne) culminating at a little over 200m above sea level and form natural lookouts.

The Butte de Narbonne is apparently an old fortified town dating back to Gallic times. This mountain served as an entrenched camp during local conflicts.

Saint Léonard des bois is a place conducive to outdoor activities. There is something for every taste:

- Walks with the circuit Valley of Misery. The total distance is 6km and the approximate duration 2 hours. It is a walk considered difficult because hilly. However, children can do it without problems or at least partially. 

- Climbing, paragliding, canoe and rafts, archery, mountain biking, fitness trail, fishing.

We started from the carpark, near the river (La Sarthe) but the walk starts in the village.

20180421_155455 (4).jpg

The main road of the village and the church.

20180421_172524.jpg

And then we took a small path. It is like being in the forest. It is a very natural place. There is no noice, you can ear the birds and appreciate the beauty of the landskape.

20180421_163235 (2).jpg

After few minutes walk, we arrived to a beautifull view.  It is where starts the climbing. The river on the left is well kwnon for fishing, there is paragliding in the fields and a quarry in the back. 

20180421_160913 (2).jpg

We carried on walking and we arrived at the top of the Mount Narbonne. The view is just beautiful. In the back, you have the mount Haut Fourché and on the bottom the small village. 

20180421_165243 (2).jpg

At the top, there are some animals like goats. It is always nice for kids as they can feed them with grass !

20180421_165425 (2).jpg

On the way back, there are some more animals like hinds.

20180421_171443 (2).jpg

We were a bit lucky on that walk. After few minutes,  we were walking and I thought (local guides ;-)), this is not an activity for disabled.

Like an angel without noice, Jean appears. He his a local entrepreneur who has just launched a new activity (it will start in the next 3 weeks). The swincars are like little electric buggies. This seems pretty cool for those who want to discover the area without getting tired. He also has a buggy for disabled. I have been so pleased to meet him. And straight away, I thought #Letsguide disabled ;-).

20180421_162234 (2).jpg

To finish with, there are some pubs in the village where you can have some drinks and foods when you come back.

20180421_155937 (2).jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this small walk.

See you around

Jul

PS: During this walk, we were also #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld connected. We found only 3 / 4 rubbish and we put them in the trash!

33 comments
Level 9

Re: LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE --- ST LEO DES BOIS

Thanks @Julien44, for sharing the beautiful article. #LocalGuidesCleanWorld

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Connect Moderator

Wow this is an awesome experience my friend @Julien44 

the scenery of the mountains, the river and the village is amazingly terrific..

I love the fact that there is plan that will soon come up for the disable persons to be able to experience this beauty too.

thanks for sharing with us...

i'm not greedy; my friends come and see what i'm seeing @AkmalB @Justine2807 @OSAMA @Anonymous @BishowvijayaP 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Hi @Ravisawane,

Thanks for your words and you are welcome.

Hi @Sagir,

This is much appreciated. All of it! Thanks

I am happy you have enjoyed it.

See you both around

Jul

Level 10

Yes we know @Sagir you're friends of friends,

No doubt that it's a beautiful and lively place, and @Julien44 is enjoyed many time there,

edited

I just saw the photos with details now , and this place is really breathtaking and I am sure I can spend many years there,

The greenrery is just awesome

Thanks for sharing @Julien44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE --- ST LEONARD DES BOIS

You're really not greedy @Sagir, it's great that you shared with us what you've experienced with Julien's post!

It's absolutely fascinating and amazing that such a spectacular landscape is only 2 hours drive from Paris but also from your place @Julien44, because I see it is on the halfway between Paris and the place where you live :-). 

The scenes are fairy-tale and they remind of some old times and the true spirit of French villages and landscapes.

I respect that you thought about the environment at vacation and took action as a true Local Guide 👏👏👏!

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so happy you have enjoyed it.

I was sure you would get into this one 😉

Regarding the cleaning, I will print a small logo in order to have it with me all the time.

Next time, I will take picture of the rubbish with the small logo 😉

See you soon

Jul 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Such a brilliant nature is hard for anyone to miss @Julien44 😉

That's great to hear about the logo 😄😄!
I'm very glad you're thinking about doing something like that 😄😄!

I do not know if you saw this, at LGCTW Hangouts but our Connect moderator @NunungAfuah  has printed the logo on the pendant and so she and others can take it with the keys.

NunungAfuah LGCTWNunungAfuah LGCTW

It's a brilliant idea!

I have the intention of doing something like this.

@NunungAfuah

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Such a brilliant nature is hard for anyone to miss @Julien44 😉

That's great to hear about the logo 😄😄!
I'm very glad you're thinking about doing something like that 😄😄!

I do not know if you saw this, at LGCTW Hangouts but our Connect moderator @NunungAfuah  has printed the logo on the pendant and so she and others can take it with the keys.

NunungAfuah LGCTWNunungAfuah LGCTW

It's a brilliant idea!

I have the intention of doing something like this.

@NunungAfuah

Hi @Anonymous, this great work is actually made by one of Indonesia Local Guides @PaDeSSo. He made those keychain for his Bandung Local Guides fellow and another Indonesia LG. I just share how happy I am seeing those work. 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying that @NunungAfuah!

@PaDeSSo this work is brilliant! Tell me do u wear this as your keychains ? 😊