TaeyoungKIM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Kruger National Park in South Africa updated v.1.0

Good morning all!!

I feel I need to provide much more information and tips to my fellow colleagues.

List of places on Google Map: 48 Hrs in Kruger National Park

List of pictures taken: Kruger National Park Visit

There are 9 gates accessible to Kruger National Park and I took Crocodile Bridge Entrance Gate because it is closest to Mozambique.

Gate opens at 06:00 (Apr - Sep), and 05:30 (Oct - Mar). The early you go, you will be able to see more animals.

As soon as I entered this time, I saw one cheetah but it was too faraway for me with my LG G6 phone to take a decent picture.

Entrance fee was 305 ZAR (approx. 25 USD) usually being collected at the gate for day visitors

but this time I made a booking at Satara Rest Camp inside of Kruger National Park, I paid the park fee at the reception of Satara Rest Camp.

You can drive your own car inside of park but it is better to have 4x4 or pickup truck if you want to explore different tracks.

I booked to stay in the camp so I paid 1200 ZAR (approx. 100 USD) per night for a double bed. They have kitchen and utensils for self-catering also braai stand outside so you can braai (AKA Northern American term barbecue).

In the camp, you can buy meat (beef, chicken, pork and some game meat - impala, kudu, etc from farms), soda, water, beer, spices, souvenirs, firewood, VERY GOOD SOUTH AFRICAN WINE and many other things that help you do your camping properly.

* Tips to see animals in KNP

- KNP is huge from South end to North end takes more than 6 hrs at 50 Kph.

- Stop at the camp, picnic site to check the route and spot locations where the animals were yesterday and today.

- You stop where there are many cars chances to see more animals. Especially lions and other predators which are harder to spot, the road can be congested with cars. 

- When you spot elephant on the side of the road, PLEASE LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD IF THERE ARE OTHER ELEPHANTS. If not, then you can stop and take pictures. But if there are another elephant or group of elephants, elephants can charge and attack you. This is no kidding. You can find in youtube "Elephants attack in Kruger National Park"

- Due to serious poaching of Rhinos it is not advised to share the exact location where we spotted Rhinos outside of the park.

- Wild animals are wild. I know they look so cute and adorable but be careful.

This is the route that I took to see animals.

Roads taken for KNP visit 03/06/2017 - 04/06/2017Roads taken for KNP visit 03/06/2017 - 04/06/2017Sundown from Satara RestcampSundown from Satara RestcampVultures restingVultures restingElephantElephantSunset view in the South Africa - Mozambique BorderSunset view in the South Africa - Mozambique BorderZ BRAS!!Z BRAS!!BuffalosBuffalosKudu coupleKudu coupleSunrise view from Croccodile BridgeSunrise view from Croccodile BridgeRock Python RestingRock Python Resting

I managed to see Cheetah and Leopards as well to complete my big 5 - Lion, Rhino, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephants.

If you have time to visit National Parks in Africa / South Africa, Kruger National Park is definitely a must!!!

Cheers,

TK

Kruger National Park, South Africa
43 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Kruger National Park in South Africa

Hi @TaeyoungKIM.  Thanks for sharing. Have you thought about creating lists of places you visited in Kruger National Park (or other places) to share with others? Here's some detailed information.

P.S. Your post is featured on the homepage today: 

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 11.51.55 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

It seems that the National park is full of wild animals.

Thanks for sharing @TaeyoungKIM. 🙂

Googler
Solution

Hi @TaeyoungKIM.  Thanks for sharing. Have you thought about creating lists of places you visited in Kruger National Park (or other places) to share with others? Here's some detailed information.

P.S. Your post is featured on the homepage today: 

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 11.51.55 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

@TaeyoungKIM This is really beautiful. I love wildlife and nature. I love those zebras, so close to you 🙂

Level 8

Mesmerising views mate and yes

Kruger National Park is definitely a must!!! Visit 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 @TaeyoungKIM

Level 8

Congrats your post is on home page, it's in self is a achievement mate @TaeyoungKIM

Connect Moderator

Beautiful pictures @TaeyoungKIM

Thanks for sharing with us

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

Stunning photos, thank you.

Level 9

Excellent Excellent Excellent @TaeyoungKIM

You create a wonderful Post ,

With Excellent Road map, 

Excellent Photo for Natural Life

With Excellent Little Words 

You are Amazing , Keep it Up

We Wait your future Posts 🙂

Level 6

wow. awesome place .. thanks for shearing ...