Prodeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

King Penguins!!

I wasn't planning a trip to the Poles to view these beautiful birds, but didn't miss a chance to catch them in the only place in England during my stay there. Some quick Google search and I was on the first National Express coach from Victoria Coach station to Cirencester from where I hopped on a local bus to one of Cotswold's famous places. Welcome to Bourton-on-water aviary Birdland, the only place where you would find King Penguins around here.King Penguins basking in the sun..King Penguins basking in the sun..

We all know birds have a great sense of timing and these Penguins are no exception. They know when to get in and out of the water and when to queue up.

'Keep my soap and towel ready, I'll back!'''Keep my soap and towel ready, I'll back!''

They all jump into the water for a frolic, come out one by one and join the queue where the trainers wait for them to feed a fish. After which they jump back into the water, and rejoin the queue for a second helping!:)Image1680.jpg

No dearth of acrobatics underwater always keeps them hungry.No dearth of acrobatics underwater always keeps them hungry.

Bath and starters over, they are back in the feeding area for the main course. Incredible sense of timing!Bath and starters over, they are back in the feeding area for the main course. Incredible sense of timing!

They keep circling around her for second, third and fourth helpings!;)They keep circling around her for second, third and fourth helpings!;)

Lots of kids enjoy the whole penguin experience.Lots of kids enjoy the whole penguin experience.

Humboldts and King Penguins retire back to their quarters.Humboldts and King Penguins retire back to their quarters.

Other birds in the aviary are blue and gold macaw, cockatoos, flamingos, Siberian cranes to name a few.Other birds in the aviary are blue and gold macaw, cockatoos, flamingos, Siberian cranes to name a few.

Cockatoo comes out after his afternoon nap.Cockatoo comes out after his afternoon nap.

Here is a short clips video of the penguins in Birdland:

https://youtu.be/miEhiUXXtFQ

Cheers! 

Bourton-on-the-Water, Cheltenham, UK
12 comments
Level 8

Re: King Penguins!!

Nice @Prodeep

Thanks for sharing these beautiful images and experience.

I am just wondering if the penguins are disturbed by humans or do they enjoy when humans swarm around them?

Cheers

Level 8

Hey @Badruddeen

Thanks for asking. In this case the penguins seem pretty ignorant about the fact that there are people watching them. Most of the crowd gathers around their feeding time, as the penguins are too busy to worry about all else and go about their biz

of eating and swimming.

Here is a short video of them:

Cheers.

Level 8

@Prodeep wrote:

Hey @Badruddeen

Thanks for asking. In this case the penguins seem pretty ignorant about the fact that there are people watching them. Most of the crowd gathers around their feeding time, as the penguins are too busy to worry about all else and go about their biz

of eating and swimming.

Here is a short video of them:

Cheers.

Ok, Prodeep. I got you. Thank you. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Prodeep,

Nice photos! I like penguins a lot. They are so clumsy and they always look like they're enjoying themselves. I'm glad I learned about this place, I'll keep it in mind when I visit the UK. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks @NadyaPN! Yeah clumsy and cute, can't forget that old commercial of an Emperor penguin rocking on the beach with ears plugged with headphones.

Checkout the two Humboldts greeting each other in the video:)

Cheers!

Former Google Contributor

They are so funny, @Prodeep! 😄 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

just wow . Penguin my one of fev animal . ah if i am there 🙂 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 6

AWESOME! Aren't they cool @Prodeep. & I hope you had a nice time in England too Prodeep 🙂

Level 9

Bls: King Penguins!!

Welcome to local guide connect

always smiling, contributing on connect and google maps

success always make for your family and your career

greetings from yogyakarta, indonesia

cheer