TariqMahmood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Khewra Salt Mine Bike Trip

Het Mates! 

Let's Explore a beautiful place Khewra Salt Mine Punjab Pakistan.

Khewra Salt Mines

Situated at the foothills of the Salt Range, Khewra Salt Mines are the oldest in the salt mining history of the sub-continent. Salt occurs in the form of an irregular dome like structure. There are seven thick salt seams with cumulative thickness of about 150 meters. At places rock salt is 99% pure. Salt is transparent, white, pink, reddish to beef-color red. In certain horizons it is crystalline. Inside the mine there are beautiful alternate bands of red and white color salt. There are 18 working levels. Cumulative length of all drivages is more than 40 km.

Me with my friendsMe with my friends

My Friends in front of tunnelMy Friends in front of tunnel

A Prayer Area made with pure salt bricksA Prayer Area made with pure salt bricks

Kindly see the complete album here

Khewra Salt Mine Punjab Pakistan

@AkmalB @Anonymous @

Kindly share with your LGs. 

TariqMahmood
Khewra Salt Mine, Khewra, Pakistan
18 comments
Level 10

Re: Khewra Salt Mine Bike Trip

Good information @TariqMahmood

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

@bhasibahuleyan Thanks for your valuable words. 

TariqMahmood
Level 8

Hi @TariqMahmood

So the more you go through your albums the more fun you are sharing with us.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos and your culture with us.

Cheers

Level 8

@Badruddeen Brother sure I am going through my photos and sharing stories with you guys. And it's been a great honor for me that you encouraging me to share more and more. 

Salam

TariqMahmood
Level 10

Hi @TariqMahmood

I still remember that beautiful souvenir made with red salt ,my friend brought for me from Pakistan,he told me that it's from khewra,

Thank you so much for the information and details about khewra salt mines,and the amazing fact is it's biggest salt mines in sub continent,the mosque made with salt bricks is lovely, thanks for sharing,

Just to ask you,is it possible to get public transport from the Lahore to khewra?

Level 8

@AkmalB Brother thanks for your nice words. Yes it is possible to visit Khewra from Lahore on Public Transport. But whenever you plan to come to visit I invite you to come to me and we will together explore Khewra Salt Mines on motorbike. You just need to take public transport from Lahore to Mirpur AJK. And the rest of the work is my responsibility. Cheers

TariqMahmood
Level 10

Yes sure we will plan something together @TariqMahmood

And hopefully @Haseeb would love to join us,

Level 8

@AkmalB In sha Allah surely. And will be happy if @Haseeb bahi could join too. 

TariqMahmood
Level 9

Yes, it's a beautiful & one of the largest salt mine in the world. Thanks for sharing with us @TariqMahmood
And, yeah @AkmalB it would be great, if we can visit this place together 🙂