daryldarko's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Introduction: Daryl "Darko" Barnett - Local Guide Level 6

I've been contributing photos to Google Maps for at least 5 years. It's been an interesting experience for me as I never knew adding photos to Google Maps would lead to anything. And sometimes I consciously post photographs, and other times I'll find that a photograph got an alarmingly large amount of views but I won't remember that I even posted it. Now that I know about this actual group of people, Local Guides, that have a conscious intent to meet up and work together to organize events and visit places together I feel very inspired to get more serious about what I'll do with my photo taking for the future. Basically, I just love taking photographs that are interesting and going to places that are interesting looking to take them.

My most viewed photographs on Google Maps

My areas of interest for photography:

Nature locations - hiking

Cemeteries - historical and genealogical research, statuary, paranormal investigations 

Architecture - cityscapes, historical buildings, churches, ruins, abandoned places

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Introduction: Daryl "Darko" Barnett - Local Guide Level 6

Hey @daryldarko,

You sure have a lot of views to your photos. Great, way to go!

Since you are new on the Community,

• First, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community.
  • To make the most of your experience here, you can take a look at the posts in the Help Desk.
  • Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here.

Please note that I have moved your topic to the General Discussion board.

Best of luck to you!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Re: Introduction: Daryl "Darko" Barnett - Local Guide Level 6

Thanks very much for sharing this information with me. I will study it and start to make efforts to integrate the practices into my workflow. Really looking forward to becoming a more conscientious contributor to Google Maps and hope to meet some Local Guides from my area too.

Best,

Daryl Darko