DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

International desserts: halo halo

The jellies and beans are hidden somewhere deep in the bowl hahaThe jellies and beans are hidden somewhere deep in the bowl haha

One of my favorite desserts is halo halo. I am filipino, I grew up eating this as a child.

Haluhalo or Halo-halo is a popular Filipino dessert with mixtures of shaved ice and evaporated milk to which are added various ingredients, including boiled sweet beans, coconut, sago, gulaman, tubers and fruits. Sometimes it is topped with various scoops of ice cream, my favorite is Ube and Mango ice cream. I always like to get Ube jam or halaya and a nice slice of Leche flan 😊

super yummy! 

I personally think it is an all in one dessert of Philippines best: Buko, Leche flan, ube and Mango ice cream, ube halaya ...

If you're in the Philippines or go to a Filipino restaurant near you, get this staple 🙂 lucky florida has filipino food trucks in orlando and in NY I'm surrounded by 4 filipino restaurants! (With all the accessibility to one of my favorite desserts all around me, i should weigh like 600+lbs hahaha) 

What is your favorite desserts from your culture? Share so photos and a description of the yummy treats from your country! 

Orlando, FL, United States
8 comments
Level 10

Re: International desserts: halo halo

@DiAnaUS Looks delicious. 

Connect Moderator

Are you Filipino @DiAnaUS? I love halo halo because it resembles my country's (Indonesia) dessert, es campur. I usually get it from Jollibee, or if I go to a Filipino restaurant 🙂

Edit - Didn't read properly. Ok yes you did mention that you're Filipino 😛

Level 8

Thats my favorite to eat on summer oh my i am feel hungry again xD

Connect Moderator

Level 8

@iyudhi Jollibee! Yum I love their mango pie! 

@ErmesT can't wait to see 🙂

Level 9

Pinoy ako! Pinoy tayo! Haha. That is also one of my favorite dessert! How's the taste of the halo-halo in America?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Asian markets here in Texas are hit and miss with halo halo. Sometimes they have it and sometimes not. When they do, the price is premium, nearly $9 for a small bucket of it. But it's delicious always, makes for a great treat.

Level 9

@Anonymous good to hear that you love our dessert! 🙂