KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: International Wine Exchange: Local Guides Style

@AlexPssn, excuse me for being ignorant! I did not know Canada produced wine?!  I always think Canada has a cooler climate than the States (Ignore the ignorant American here!). That's crazy that you can't bring wine out of your country. That is a shame.  You cannot bring one in your checked luggage?!

I am adding @JosephZhan to our conversation here. He is a loves wine.  I'm sure Joseph would love to know about this Canada wine region for future reference.  He spent time prior to LGSummit17 in Napa to drink and eat. He did this right before the Wine Country Fire that was plaguing us with smokey, hazy weather during that week.

Cheers,

Karen

@AlexPssn wrote:

Great idea @ErmesT, We have 122 wineries in our region. The Okanagan Valley is like the Napa of Canada. Unfortunately due to Canadian regulations we aren't allowed to ship wine bottles abroad. 

Connect Moderator

That is gorgeous @AlexPssn! What is Okanagan Valley famous for? In Napa, it's cabs and sparkling wine (all the French champagne houses have wineries here).

Cheers,

Karen

@AlexPssn wrote:

@ErmesT and @KarenVChin you are both invited. 

Level 10

Yeah @KarenVChin, there are a lot of typical food items in Nepal. I had featured one of them, the Bara, in worldwide food crawl event too.  Nowadays a lot of Nepali dishes can be found in USA also as many Nepalese are there. I think Yomari can be the best item for you to taste.

Level 9

The Okanagan valley is 85-100F in the summer, with the hottest areas in Canada. We have some great white wines: Pino Gris, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Rheinhessen and some good Merlot. Here is more info on BC wines:

http://www.winebc.com

You are welcome to come visit, I live 10 minutes from 4 beautiful wineries and 2 hours from 100+ wineries. We are a 17 hour drive from San Francisco.

ROAD TRIP!  

Connect Moderator

Of course @AlexPssn

The same wines that we produce in the Alps area, the coldest part of Italy, mostly white (apart from the wonderful Merlot, of course). 

Do you know @KarenVChin

that one of the most famous Italian sparkling wine (named Ferrari) is produced in Trento? Lunelli family, the owner of Ferrari brand, is also the owner of the world's best cellar, the Carapace.

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, there is so much to see, do, and learn about your country.  So much rich history, culture. It will take lifetimes to learn.

Cheers,

Karen

@ErmesT wrote:

Of course @AlexPssn

The same wines that we produce in the Alps area, the coldest part of Italy, mostly white (apart from the wonderful Merlot, of course). 

Do you know @KarenVChin

that one of the most famous Italian sparkling wine (named Ferrari) is produced in Trento? Lunelli family, the owner of Ferrari brand, is also the owner of the world's best cellar, the Carapace.

Ermes 

Level 8

Dear @ErmesT,

your "wine kingdom" is really nice and friendly.

I very much regret, that I could not be there with you.

I greet you all, Klaudia

Connect Moderator

Hi @KlaudiaB

I know you were very busy, we talked about this. Never say never, if you are coming in my area (that is the first part of Italy, coming from your place) simply let me know, and we can try to arrange a short visit in some vinery.

Sincerly

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT for the next meetup want to go to the fields to see how harvesting grapes!

... and I wish to see here also @AngelaViale!

Level 8

Next time I'll be there! Even if I don't drink!