KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: International Wine Exchange: Local Guides Style

I don't know what I can do more for convincing you @TraciC

Let's try. Do you know that Treviso is 30 minutes to Venice? 

What about a carnival meetup?SANY0002.jpg

Ermes 

Googler

@ErmesT It's mostly just finding the chunk of time for a fantastic trip!!! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Ok, just let me know a couple of days in advance, for @KarenVChin

to pack their luggage too. @TraciC

I have a bottle ready for you IMG_20180103_223025.jpg

Ermes 

Level 10

Connect Moderator

No more? @LucioV

I'm waiting for the right moment to have this in the market IMG_20171125_150117.jpg

Sparkling 7 years old Raboso, bottled with "classic" (champennois) method, available only in the most exclusive wine's shops, or in the winery (you know where to find it, but for @TraciC will be a nice surprise)

Ermes 

Level 9

Great idea @ErmesT, We have 122 wineries in our region. The Okanagan Valley is like the Napa of Canada. Unfortunately due to Canadian regulations we aren't allowed to ship wine bottles abroad. 

Connect Moderator

Oh, @AlexPssn

Do you mean that we (I am inviting @KarenVChin of course) have to visit you for testing?

Well, we should seriously think about it. 

Can you receive wine from other countries? I don't want to be blocked on the border (and drink alone a couple of bottles in a few minutes 😞

Ermes 

Level 9

@ErmesT and @KarenVChin you are both invited. 

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

No problem @BishowvijayaP, do you have something else to eat or drink that is famous in your city, Kathmandu or Nepal?  I know your country is famous for their prayer wheels and flags and of course, Mt Everest. 

Here in San Francisco, we are also famous for our sourdough bread. Good sourdough has a crunchy crust, but soft, chewy, sour-flavored inside.

During LGSummit17, our hotel was in the Fisherman's Wharf area and near Boudin's Bakery, the creator of this sourdough bread during California's Gold Rush of 1849 in The City. 

Famous for their sourdough bread, Boudin Bakery & Cafe makes all of their breads and desserts here. SF's Fisherman's WharfFamous for their sourdough bread, Boudin Bakery & Cafe makes all of their breads and desserts here. SF's Fisherman's Wharf

See how crusty the bread is on the outside and how spongy the inside is? Has great texture and taste great when chewing it. Clam Chowder Bowl (the chowder soup is served in an edible Boudin's sourdough bread round) and a Chicken Salad Sandwich made with Boudin's sourdough sliced sandwich bread.See how crusty the bread is on the outside and how spongy the inside is? Has great texture and taste great when chewing it. Clam Chowder Bowl (the chowder soup is served in an edible Boudin's sourdough bread round) and a Chicken Salad Sandwich made with Boudin's sourdough sliced sandwich bread.

Cheers,

Karen

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Hoping to taste the wine from California this season, @KarenVChin 😀

But can't exchange as we don't manufacture wines here. 🙂