ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

International Month of Monuments - Italy

Hi @BishowvijayaP@DavidTito

here I am. It wasn't a Meet-Up, as I told you, but I've embedded the Monuments month inside an existing Meet-Up

The Meet-Up was in Norcia, on Sunday 17. So I had do move on Saturday, and drive for 450 Km.

We had a stop in Sarsina, to discover something really amazing: Sarsina is the town of Plautus, a Roman playwright of the Old Latin period.

The town is like an open museum

DSC02946.jpg

On Sunday we had the Meet-Up, a geowalk over the Vettore Mountain. A long day in the clouds

On Monday we moves back to home. First stop was Spoleto, to capture the Rocca Albonorziana, the Roman Bridge and Saint Peter church

DSC03467.jpg DSC03489.jpg

Then, moving North, we stopped near Assisi, for a shot of the Basilica in wich is contained the small curch of San Francesco

DSC03492.jpg

I have a lot of photo of other monuments, but not taken in this weekend.

In the album you will find more.

I'm also tagging @TraciC, as somebody told me that she is planning to have a few days of vacation in Italy 🙂

See you soon with more photos

Ermes

9 comments
Level 10

Re: International Month of Monuments - Italy

This is so much informative and of course a major brick to the house; International month of monuments' dear @ErmesT. I also had approved the main meetup thread by selecting an 'other' option so that I can fit all different types of events under this platform. So this is not less than a meet up for me. I have requested all the guides to organize an event on an individual basis too if arranging a group of LGs is not possible. So your event truly picks up my spirit as monuments were in prior than other things. I am very pleased to have this event from your side bro. A lot of thanks to you. 😊😊😊😊

I don't want my friends to miss this wonderful post so I am tagging some of them. I hope they will let others to see it:

@NareshDarji @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @Jnjoe @Osaka78forTRUMP @PushpendraKhadka

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this beautiful monuments pictures with us @ErmesT

Thanks @BishowvijayaP

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

When it comes to Monuments , Italy is one of the best , and when it comes to Meetup 

@ErmesT is the best :-))))))

@BishowvijayaP

Level 8

@ErmesT thank you for sharing those captivating photos, I'm all ways glad when you tag me as well thank you, my friend

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @BishowvijayaP@DavidTito

here I am. It wasn't a Meet-Up, as I told you, but I've embedded the Monuments month inside an existing Meet-Up

The Meet-Up was in Norcia, on Sunday 17. So I had do move on Saturday, and drive for 450 Km.

We had a stop in Sarsina, to discover something really amazing: Sarsina is the town of Plautus, a Roman playwright of the Old Latin period.

The town is like an open museum

DSC02946.jpg

On Sunday we had the Meet-Up, a geowalk over the Vettore Mountain. A long day in the clouds

On Monday we moves back to home. First stop was Spoleto, to capture the Rocca Albonorziana, the Roman Bridge and Saint Peter church

DSC03467.jpg DSC03489.jpg

Then, moving North, we stopped near Assisi, for a shot of the Basilica in wich is contained the small curch of San Francesco

DSC03492.jpg

I have a lot of photo of other monuments, but not taken in this weekend.

In the album you will find more.

I'm also tagging @TraciC, as somebody told me that she is planning to have a few days of vacation in Italy 🙂

See you soon with more photos

Ermes

Level 7

Level 7

@ErmesT

This is great we are glad that you are supporting the International monument month. Please share more of your photos. 

Regards 

Amit 

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT 

Grazie mille per questo recupero fantabulo di geo walk per il Mese Internazionale di Monumenti - Italia È così meraviglioso vedere il castello come edifici e tutta la bella architettura nelle chiese e fantastica anche per ascoltare ogni posto e vedere il tuo eccellente fotografie. Mi piace così vedere l'arte in ciascuno nelle sculture, più immagini delle maschere, una specialità artistica tecnica che ha tanto storia e carattere incredibile per ogni maschera e caricatura che rappresenta. Questa presentazione, inclusa la possibilità di unirti e di vedere il tuo incredibilmente interessante album di foto di Google, è una straordinaria invitante cattura di tante viste eccezionali di luoghi terrificanti in questa avventura lunga e avventurosa per l'evento Monumental. Tutto solo una piccola porzione del tuo paese sempre spettacolare con un monumento proprio su ogni posto dove si va come ci hai detto. È uno scenario più bello in tutti i luoghi che visiterete e c'è molto da vedere in ogni scena. Poi sapere che c'è anche nel tuo paese tante altre avventure con sorprese nascoste da rivelare è qualcosa che è un'idea entusiasmante da questa presentazione, più è la conoscenza che sarà superba da vedere in tutto ciò che condividi con noi. Complimenti! Saluti.

Grazie anche a Google Translate

@Justine2807

Ciao @ErmesT

Thank you so very much for this fantabulous recap of you geo walk for International Month of Monuments - Italy

This is so wonderful to see the castle like buildings and all the beautiful architecture in the churches and fantastic also to hear about each place and see your excellent photographs. I so enjoy seeing the art in each in the sculptures, plus images of the masks, a technical artistic speciality that has so much amazing history and character for each and every mask and caricature that it represents.

This presentation including the chance to join and see your incredibly interesting Google Photos Album is an extraordinarily inviting capture of so many outstanding views of terrific places in this long and adventurous venture for the Monumental event. All just a small portion of your always spectacular country with a monument just about every place you go as you told us. It is a most gorgeous scenery in all the places you visit and there is so much to see at each scene. Then to know that there is also in your country so many more adventures with hidden surprises to reveal is something that is an exciting idea from this presentation alone plus is knowledge that is going to be superb to see in all you share with us.

Thank you also Google Translate

Kudos!

Cheers. 

@Justine2807

Level 10

I agree with @OSAMA that you are the best for meet ups @ErmesT

Beautiful photos and great discovery. 

@BishowvijayaP the credit goes to you too..

Connect Moderator

@Justine2807@AkmalB,

Thanks for your kind words. In fact I have used my trip to the Official Meetup (450 Km from home to Norcia) to stops and enjoy various places on my way.

Unfurtunately, due to lack of time, I didn't had the possibility to go to Assisi, but we will have another opportunity in the future.

The Recap of the Official Meet-Up is not ready yet, but if you like here is a preview. https://photos.app.goo.gl/biUSAW7frqUpKrMy1

And more, during the Meet-Up, we discovered an umbelievable place: /A-path-for-weelchair-at-1600-meters-above-sea-level/ - I was so luky, the post is now featured in the G+ page of Google Local Guides

If you like monuments and historical places, like I do, (and if you have time, is quite long with a lot of photo album attached) you can also explore this post (unfinisced yet, I have to add some more place) about the First World War

Ermes