jahzzy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

I solo backpacked to over 20 countries in 2017. Here are my favorite pics from my journey

Hello fellow LGs. My name is Joceline. I’m a solo backpacker.  I quit my job and decided to go on a journey of self discovery. It was only supposed to last a couple months but it’s 2018 and I don’t plan on stopping

I started my journey in Bangkok. Here at the Temple of Bell - you can hike up many steps to see a beautiful view of the city. Come during sunset and catch this marvelous view  

Bangkok, ThailandBangkok, Thailand

There are many museums to see in  Thailand- this one has elephants 🙂

Bangkok, ThailandBangkok, Thailand

From Thailand I headed to Vietnam  where I met the craziest wildest Canadians. I can share photos from Vietnam/Cambodia but I don't want to overload the post.  

Anyways the crazy Canadians invited me on a road trip from Toronto, to Nova Scotia.  Which of course I accepted.  

Toronto, CanadaToronto, Canada

One night, we decided to have a meal at home and created a Charcuterie board.  

Montreal, CanadaMontreal, Canada

So from Canada, I had to rush back to California, because I had a flight to Ljubljana, Slovenia.  From here I headed to Bosnia, Montenegro, and then to Croatia.  From Croatia I took an over night Ferry to beautiful Italy.  

Pisa, ItalyPisa, Italy

After Italy  I headed to Germany. 

BerlinBerlin

A friend I made in Slovenia offered to 'host' me (it's a Couch Surfing thing)  in Berlin.  From there I ended up traveling to Slovakia, Hungary, Budapest, Romania, and Moldova.  

Brussels, BelgiumBrussels, Belgium

The end of my trip consisted of a road trip from Berlin to Munich (Oktoberfest), to Cologne and from there a road trip from Germany to the Netherlands.  We of course had to make stops at Luxembourg and Belgium.

F53F3CE2-AD70-47B7-B092-FEA5C913AF84.jpeg

The best part is, is that my Couch Surfing 'host'  (by this time a good friend) from Berlin came to California and we had to of course stop by Las Vegas!  

Fremont Street, Las VegasFremont Street, Las Vegas

Anyways, I only posted a few photos from my trip- the rest are all on my Instagram- @jahzzy.  I hope you found this post interesting 😄  I'd love to share more photos from my travels

30 comments
Level 9

Re: I solo backpacked to over 20 countries in 2017. Here are my favorite pics from my journey

Those are some awesome photos!!  So jealous of you for just being able to leave everything behind and just go travelling!

All the best for 2018 😉

Emu The Bird (James)
Level 9

Re: I solo backpacked to over 20 countries in 2017. Here are my favorite pics from my journey

Thank you @JamesHogg! 2018 is proving to be just as exciting 😄  
I hope everything is going well for you

Level 9

Wow nice photos .

nice photographer following .

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 9

Good to hear!

I've got a few trips planned before the end of the year, UAE, Japan and Ukraine, so things can't get much better!

I've given you a follow on Instagram as well:) (@hogg.james1) - Some truly stunning photos you have.

Emu The Bird (James)
Level 10

With the title of the post my initial guess was your travel to Europe @jahzzy. 🙂 In the post I noticed that you visited at least 3 continents.

I like your confident of quitting a job and rush for world tour. Wish you to have further memorable travel ahead. 

Pisa in your photo reminded me of feather coin experiment of science. 🙂

This is of course a beautiful post by a beautiful local guide. 😃

Level 9

Thank you @Sariga 🙏🏼 

Level 9

@JamesHogg Thank you for your sweet comment !!

How great!!! I haven’t been to the UAE or Japan... those are my ‘dream’ destinations.  What are your plans for there?

Level 9

Thank you so much @BishowvijayaP

for your kind comment

to be honest- i love Europe but it’s a bit too expensive and can be too touristy for me. This summer I plan on focusing on Eastern Europe/Russia which is more my style. Really excited 😄

Level 6

These are awesome clicks. This make me jealous to see these pictures. Keep on going and have a wonderful year ahead