Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
  • Local Guides Connect
  • :
  • Photography
  • Re ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ I 'm a Cloud-aholic.❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ ...
Level 7

Re: Re:❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œI 'm aΒ Cloud-aholic.❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

This is a seriously cool picture.

Don't get me wrong now, I wanted this to be a perfect picture.

A few inches closer or away from window, would allow me to see the edges of the cloud, those are the best parts...

Now they are hidden.

In this case closer, as it would eliminate the dark part under the window, leave more dynamic range for the cloud, as they carry around a lot of that.

Also frame the target in a window frame, you will dubble frame it.

The more dynamic range you allow your target to have, the better it will look.

If camera had a 3:2 option, I would use that for this picture.

This to avoid the interior and leave as much as possible of the dynamic range for the subject.

Hey, this is just a thought.

This is how I think when I take a picture.

Cropping picture later on, will not give cloud a better dynamic range, just frame picture better.

Don't mind me to much, I'm just crazy about small details.

Level 8

@PatricL I totally agree I should have a DSLR with me at all times!

Send me your email address so I can send you my mailing address so you can send me one! πŸ˜„ πŸ˜›

Paul Bender
Level 7

I don't even know how to do that through this forum, it's so secure.. πŸ˜‰

You can always find me at urglub.com

Level 7

Re: I 'm aΒ Cloud-aholic

Terrific post, @Anonymous. I too am a cloud watcher. I cannot help it when such beauty unfolds before me.Looking west...Looking west...

Always on the hunt for the next great sunset too....A cold brisk day.A cold brisk day.

It's a wonder I don't fall on my face more often when I have my nose in the air.

Level 7

Certainly a knack for bring in the right place.A truly frightening but majestic view.A truly frightening but majestic view.

Tell me... what... is that?Tell me... what... is that?

I have been truly blessed in my being in the right place at the right time. At times.... I hope to continue to be fortunate. @Anonymous, May you be just as fortunate and blessed.

Connect Moderator

Wow @Beard04

Being fortunate and blessed is of course something that helps, like being in the right place at the right time. Then, you have to be ready to take the photo, and this is not a matter of fortune. 

Congratulations 

Ermes 

Level 7

I am always ready.

@ErmesT, I make it a point to always be as ready as I can for what may develop.And I saw before me, a great host....And I saw before me, a great host....

Not to get religious or anything,

This ma not be a spectacular cloud formation. But, it is spectacular.This ma not be a spectacular cloud formation. But, it is spectacular.

Sometimes it's hard to see where the sky ends  and the land begins.Sometimes it's hard to see where the sky ends and the land begins.

Remember to always have an eye on the horizon.

Level 8

Re ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ I 'm aΒ Cloud-aholic.❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

Wishing all a good holiday. Today is turkey day but I will probably not have any turkey just some nice time with family and friends. Wishing @Beard04 @Anonymous @ErmesT @LucioV @Beard04 a glorious time.Not mine, liked the lightNot mine, liked the lightClouds at SunsetClouds at Sunset

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Re ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ I 'm aΒ Cloud-aholic.❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

@Beard04 wrote:

I am always ready.

@ErmesT, I make it a point to always be as ready as I can for what may develop.And I saw before me, a great host....And I saw before me, a great host....

Not to get religious or anything,

This ma not be a spectacular cloud formation. But, it is spectacular.This ma not be a spectacular cloud formation. But, it is spectacular.

Sometimes it's hard to see where the sky ends  and the land begins.Sometimes it's hard to see where the sky ends and the land begins.

Remember to always have an eye on the horizon.

Wishing all a good holiday. Today is turkey day but I will probably not have any turkey just some nice time with family and friends. Wishing @Beard04 @Anonymous @ErmesT @LucioV @Beard04 a glorious time.Not mine, liked the lightNot mine, liked the lightClouds at SunsetClouds at Sunset

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 7

Re: Re ❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ I 'm aΒ Cloud-aholic.❀️ πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

Found my old action cam and tested time laps, it worked.

It's a few hours of cloud movements squeezed into 40sec.