Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
  • Local Guides Connect
  • :
  • Photography
  • Re:โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œI 'm a Cloud-aholic.โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ �...
Level 7

Re: I 'm aย Cloud-aholic

Unknown creature entering our dimensionUnknown creature entering our dimension

Level 8

20171106_170921.jpg

Taken earlier this evening.

It got quiet in here!

Paul Bender
Connect Moderator

OMG @Gabisdaddi@PatricL

Your photos are super amazing. Thanks a lot for keeping this board alive with this beauty

Ermes

Level 8

โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œI'm aย Cloud-Keep looking up!โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œ

Wonderful shot @Gabisdaddi and thanks @ErmesT for encouraging other and keeping this forum alive.

Here is my contribution of photos:

Mammoth Lakes, CaliforniaMammoth Lakes, CaliforniaHills of Brea, CaliforniaHills of Brea, CaliforniaCHACHA

@Gabisdaddi wrote:

20171106_170921.jpg

Taken earlier this evening.

It got quiet in here!

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

@ErmesT wrote:

OMG @Gabisdaddi@PatricL

Your photos are super amazing. Thanks a lot for keeping this board alive with this beauty

Ermes

You're welcome! It's not that I haven't posted, it's just that I haven't had anything to post! ๐Ÿ˜„

Paul Bender
Level 8

This is typical of this part of Pennsylvania. Raining, cloudy, and sunshine, all in the same place.This is typical of this part of Pennsylvania. Raining, cloudy, and sunshine, all in the same place.

Paul Bender
Level 8

Re:โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œI 'm aย Cloud-aholic.โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œ

@Gabisdaddi wrote:

This is typical of this part of Pennsylvania. Raining, cloudy, and sunshine, all in the same place.This is typical of this part of Pennsylvania. Raining, cloudy, and sunshine, all in the same place.

Wonderful shot and from the car thanks @Gabisdaddi and hello to @Anonymous @ErmesT @PatricL @Galmassri

Here is a shot at the fire station of our local heroes!

Cumulus and stratus cloudsCumulus and stratus clouds

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 9

@Anonymous Your photo is just wow

sky is a beautiful thing to observe 

love to see more skyline from you 

Level 7

Re: Re:โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œI 'm aย Cloud-aholic.โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œ

@IndiaC @Gabisdaddi If you have this views constantly, for gods sake, bring a DSLR at all time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mobile phones can't keep up with beauty, the are just toys.

Due to phone camera letdowns, I always have a D750 with me at an arms reach.

If budget is bad, a D7200 will do the job. Other good options are D7500, D500, D810 or D850.

For Canon lovers, sorry, dynamic range is just not there, great for sharp contrast studio photos though.

When a camera needs light, and lots of it to make a good picture, it can not capture this types of phenomena's.

Most bang for the buck you get with a Nikon/Sony at moment, As Nikon has Sony sensors. Unfortunately Sony doesn't have the lens range selection..... yet.

There are other brands out there that do an even better job, but all round,  they fail brutally, lens options are not there...... yet.

A lot of yet, but somehow the digital cameras are outdated even before they are released, or nerfed with a bad firmware on purpose.

In specs resolution might be good, ISO can be really low(or fake as Canon 5DS), and then the dynamic range let you down hard time....

Just an thought from my side.

Never leave anything to chance, always do the best possible, or at least try!

If you don't try, you will never succeed.

Now go and catch some amazing clouds for us!

And some bonus tips:

Frame picture, get out of the car, take a few steps to avoid power lines, streetlights, or anything else that will block your target.

This are the difference between a great photo and a snapshot.

Level 8

Re: Re:โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œI 'm aย Cloud-aholic.โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œ

@PatricL wrote:

@IndiaC @Gabisdaddi If you have this views constantly, for gods sake, bring a DSLR at all time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mobile phones can't keep up with beauty, the are just toys.

Due to phone camera letdowns, I always have a D750 with me at an arms reach.

If budget is bad, a D7200 will do the job. Other good options are D7500, D500, D810 or D850.

For Canon lovers, sorry, dynamic range is just not there, great for sharp contrast studio photos though.

When a camera needs light, and lots of it to make a good picture, it can not capture this types of phenomena's.

Most bang for the buck you get with a Nikon/Sony at moment, As Nikon has Sony sensors. Unfortunately Sony doesn't have the lens range selection..... yet.

There are other brands out there that do an even better job, but all round,  they fail brutally, lens options are not there...... yet.

A lot of yet, but somehow the digital cameras are outdated even before they are released, or nerfed with a bad firmware on purpose.

In specs resolution might be good, ISO can be really low(or fake as Canon 5DS), and then the dynamic range let you down hard time....

Just an thought from my side.

Never leave anything to chance, always do the best possible, or at least try!

If you don't try, you will never succeed.

Now go and catch some amazing clouds for us!

And some bonus tips:

Frame picture, get out of the car, take a few steps to avoid power lines, streetlights, or anything else that will block your target.

This are the difference between a great photo and a snapshot.

Thanks to @PatricL for the excellent and well written concise advise. We all shine together and I appreciate the knowledge. Wisdom and hands on education is a hunger that is never satiated and drives many stars to shining brighter. 

Cloud passing byCloud passing by