Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Photogenic CLOUDS

Hi @MirosS Your photos are pretty nice. Try using the search next time. This topic already exists

Connect Moderator

oh yes @MirosS, welcome in the cloudaholic club.

I have moved your post to the Cloudaholic topic, where you will enjoy photos of other people with the same feeling for the cloud 🙂

And of course we will enjoy yours. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

mmm, just a small tip: as we are LG, can you give us an indication of where you found this amazing clouds?

Thanks again, have a fun with us

Level 8

I have just founded this discussion. I love meteorology (because of flying) especially the clouds

Of course (as I wrote a few posts earlier) the cumulus clouds are the most photogenic.

But one of my favorite clouds are the Altocumulus Lenticularis.

Usually located between 2-4000m, for development it needs strong wind, which changes (become stronger) with the height. In this case it might be that more lenticular will grow up over each other. Usually gliders are using this type of clouds to get even 6-8000m height.

Altocumulus Lenticularis clouds over The royal palace of Gödöllő, Hungary. 2017, MarchAltocumulus Lenticularis clouds over The royal palace of Gödöllő, Hungary. 2017, March

Level 4

a cloudy evening from kochi

mazha.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: a cloudy evening from kochi

wow @ManuM, the rain is coming ...

Beautiful shot, i'm moving your post in this cloud-aholic topic where we have the best shots of cloud.

Thanks for sharing

Connect Moderator

Re: I 'm a Cloud-aholic

Level 8

Me gusta lo que dices....

Yo también contemplo las nubes y me sorprendo de como en el cielo se entretejen las historias de nosotros, los de aquí abajo.

Level 8

Love this cumulonimbus shot. Made me smile, thanks @ErmesT

Spoiler

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Awesome lenticularis cloud, sometimes they look like space ships or just stacked disks. Nice capture @Andras_H! So are you a pilot? If yes what do you fly?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Yes @IndiaC, they sometimes look like an UFO:) On internet there are strange and very symmetric shapes over the peaks, in our country that is not so usual.

I am a paraglider pilot but also love flying with glider and motor glider, but currently as a passenger.

What about you, what is the connection between you and the clouds?:)