Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I 'm a Cloud-aholic

@pyerdna, nice shot. Black & white can be so effective.

My yesterday's submission was a kind of whimsical cutesy affair so I'm going for a polar opposite today. 

Touching down from above Chiang Rai's Old Airport is a menacing looking beast which successfully emptied the runway recreation park within a few short minutes. Every sensible person vacated the area.

This tempest, which you only get to see a portion of here, elevated the cloud-aholic in me to around eleven on a scale of one to ten.This tempest, which you only get to see a portion of here, elevated the cloud-aholic in me to around eleven on a scale of one to ten.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ErmesT, here's a coincidence. A photo I had planned to submit. Spot the similarities between yours and mine, they're almost twins.

What lies ahead and round the corner? Should I cycle on or turn tail, back off?

Looking like a hybrid between gnarly old mushroom and soft centred marshmallow, this cloud's got character.Looking like a hybrid between gnarly old mushroom and soft centred marshmallow, this cloud's got character.

Level 8

Hi @pyerdna,

The are wonderful cumulonimbus clouds and some wispy cirrus, lovely photo! Thanks for sharing with the community.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 7

@Anonymous and @ErmesT you two are going to inspire a book entitled "stories we created out of clouds and rainbows" 🙂

Lovely photos, gentlemen.

Level 7

gosh @Anonymous

i will run and hide if see those clouds - looks like storm are coming up !

Level 7

cheers @IndiaC 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieP, the clouds and rainbows bring nature's own narrative. We, I'd hope, offer a little extra garnish?

Here is what it's like standing on the edge of a mountain, on the edge of early morning clouds, during rainy season in Chiang Rai Province.

Standing on the edge of the clouds - Chiang Rai ProvinceStanding on the edge of the clouds - Chiang Rai Province

Standing on the edge of the clouds - Chiang Rai ProvinceStanding on the edge of the clouds - Chiang Rai Province

Level 8

@Anonymous

Awesome shots in the clouds, what is your elevation (in feet) on the second shot? Hi @MarieP do you see a rainbow somewhere. Thanks for sharing @Anonymous.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 7

Gosh @Anonymous

i wanna be there !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pyerdna I can say without bias, our journey to this mountain range made during hours just before and into dawn, was a trip full of never to be forgotten sights. Each corner turned seemed to open up a next stunning landscape. 

Here's our final destination. Both pictures taken close to the same area as my previous submission.

Chiang Rai Province - early morning clouds are slowly getting burned off by the sunChiang Rai Province - early morning clouds are slowly getting burned off by the sun

doi-pha-tang-chiang-rai-crlens-4805.jpg