Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I 'm a Cloud-aholic

Ever changing clouds patterns give me sense of wonderment.

Here's a twilight view looking out from Kohloy Recreation Park immediately after sunset. Rays from the fading sun bounce against a carpet of altocumulus clouds, and the result is an impressive display of vivid textures across the landscape.

If you're a closet cloud-aholic too, feel free to contribute here. 

Chiang Rai CloudscapeChiang Rai Cloudscape 

Kohloy Recreation Park Wiang Chiang Rai Thailand
610 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: I 'm a Cloud-aholic

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful sunset and at the same time starting this poetic and cloud-aholic thread.

Hope to see soon other lovely contributions adding up here with some information related to the locations where the clouds were spotted (and captured) by the photographer and also a part of landscape in it, as you cleverly did.

Have a great cloud hunting around the world, Local Guides! And don't forget to fill up the "Location" field on your post to help others find it;).

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the message MariaB.

Evidently I'm in a crowd of precisely one on this theme but hey, no worries. Makes it more of an, erm..., exclusive thread, no? 

I'll do my level best to fill in some of the blanks others leave behind. 

As far as local tourism is concerned, rainy season (not now) is low season. Yet for me it's the absolute best time of year when our skies offer a far more captivating narrative than your average tv soap. 

Here's a burst of cloud nicely complemented by a wave of human hair as this vehicle sweeps by on a bridge across the Kok River, Chiang Rai.

Burst of Cloud - Bad Hair DayBurst of Cloud - Bad Hair Day

Connect Moderator

Great post, @Anonymous, beautiful post. I like it at 100%.

Non so dire se queste sono nuvole o una nebbia talmente fitta da avere il colore e la consistenza delle nuvole. Ero in vacanza in Toscana, nel Mugello, e aprendo la finestra la mattina ho avuto la precisa sensazione di essere SOPRA le nuvole.

Questo è quello che ho visto

Mugello maggio 2001_278.JPG Mugello maggio 2001_273.JPG Mugello maggio 2001_275.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

See angry clouds and lightning strikes during one heck of a wicked night across Chiang Rai. Both myself and camera took a fair beasting from the rain.

Then came a look of relative calm (second photo). It's oh so deceptive, was actually the lead edge to a next wave of storm.

lightning strikes in a storm across chiang railightning strikes in a storm across chiang rairelative calm as a next storm wave drifts inrelative calm as a next storm wave drifts in

Connect Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the wow. Not sure it's fully deserved but yep, I'll take that and run!!

Best

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

24 hours before November's supermoon was due, I did a test run in search a landscape to overlook the exact direction of where our moon would rise next day.

One particular cloud formation caused mixed emotions of a) Joy - another not to be missed photo opportunity, and b) abject horror - like oh no, this lump of cloud is in my line of fire, please don't let there be a repeat performance tomorrow! 

By resting so neatly inside a mountain cavity, the cloud here mimics active volcano 

this cloud trying its best to mimic a volcanic eruptionthis cloud trying its best to mimic a volcanic eruptionthis cloud trying its best to mimic a volcanic eruptionthis cloud trying its best to mimic a volcanic eruption

Anonymous
Not applicable

The cloudaholic thread is such a lonely space it's left to myself once again to fill in another blank.

Here's a rogue storm cloud competing with bright blue sky above Chiang Rai Old Airport.

A Storm Cloud Mushrooms Across Chiang Rai Old AirportA Storm Cloud Mushrooms Across Chiang Rai Old Airport

Level 7

thanks for starting th ethread @Anonymous

I love clouds too - they never appears same in my entire live 🙂

gear : eos30d

enhanched w/ Photomatixpro

IMG_3077_tonemapped.jpg

cheers,

Andrey