AveR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

sunset in venice

Former Google Contributor

Re : How is sunrise and sunset in your city?

Isle of Wight - the sunset on the west side from the cliffs became a golden road in the sea during a very windy day of Spring  in April, last year...10897910_10205733813934816_2870915352271739087_n.jpg

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunrise burns through a sea of mist and clouds. Rainy season in the mountain peaks of Chiang Rai Province.

Sunrise, mist and clouds in the mountains of Chiang Rai ProvinceSunrise, mist and clouds in the mountains of Chiang Rai Province

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday's sunset. A smog-hazed landscape as the sun dips behind those very distinctive humps I'm told, but cannot confirm, form part of Doi Chaang mountain range.

Viewed from Mae Fah Luang Bridge in Chiang Rai.

Tuesday's sunset looking out from Mae Fah Luang Bridge, Chiang RaiTuesday's sunset looking out from Mae Fah Luang Bridge, Chiang Rai

Level 6

Re: How is sunrise and sunset in your city?

This is sunset at Mendoza, Argentina, right behind the Los Andes mountains.

Not a great quality camera, but I trust you would be able to see it's magnificence  😉

Mendoza, ArgentinaMendoza, Argentina

Level 4

Riverside Park, Neihu Dist., Taipei, TaiwanRiverside Park, Neihu Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

Connect Moderator

How do you take such amazing photos, @Anonymous?! What camera do you use? I'm in awe at so many of your photos! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're so kind to take an interest. If I had to compile a list of how's to justify my output, it would probably read something like this:

• Don't fret over everyday photographic protocols, which is fairly easy to do as I remain blissfully ignorant of most conventional rules of the game.
  • If everybody is looking right, I want to look left.
  • Stick with manual (setting) whenever feasible. Manual is more challenging and by return more rewarding.
  • An opportunity missed is nothing to cry over. Tomorrow is never ever just another day!
  • Go with gut instincts, feel the moment.

As for camera gear, the short reply is I ain't got a lot! Perhaps one day will be set loose with some high-end gear., that way can see just how far I can take the art.

For now though, I try and squeeze every ounce of capability from Fujifilm's manual-only X-E2, the XF18-55 kit lens, and (shock-horror) absolute bottom of the pile XC50-230, a cheap as chips zoom.

All photos posted have been shot with either X-E2 or its predecessor X-E1.

I use Lightroom with a Nik (hellooo, Google!) plugin which helps raise the final output.

Sunset caught in a spider web - the very last sunset on the very last day of  December 2016 - Mayow Park, London.
10014748_10203444874912771_1826190065_o.jpg

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them