AveR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How is sunrise and sunset in your city?

Oh my God. @Myrathor here in Treviso Just - 8 °C this morning. But I meeting a friend that was passing yesterday in Beograd. -28!!

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT Yes, winter is bigger this year. Good thing I look at these beautiful pictures of the warmer climate.

Level 6

I liked this tread so much I went to look through my archives.  The first picture was made at Amsterdam Science Park, where I live, in 2015.

The second was made in Prague when I visited it last summer; after being on a train for a few hours this sunset made my day.

Sunset in Amsterdam Science ParkSunset in Amsterdam Science Park

ISunset in Prague last summerSunset in Prague last summer

Anonymous
Not applicable

This tree, which stands all alone at the top of a hill, is one of my favourite locations to catch the ever changing beauty of a Chiang Rai sunset. Especially on hazy or part-cloudy days when textures across the sky can really come alive.

Simple pleasures and all for free - I cannot get enough of moments like these...

Chiang Rai SunsetChiang Rai SunsetChiang Rai  SunsetChiang Rai Sunset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some moments will last in the memory forever. Photos to complement are just icing on a cake.

This here is looking out across the Mekong River from Thailand to Laos during November's supermoon.

Most mainstream media hype surrounded how large the moon would look if you managed to catch it at a certain time and in a certain way. True enough, but only half the story.

Sunset and moonrise were timed to happen within minutes of each other, meaning rays from the setting sun - given a right environment - would create the type of skyline you see here, and also a moon bathed in orange/red hue.

Everybody else present on the mountain that day was wholly preoccupied looking out to sunset. Although they missed a precious moment, you don't have to.

Enjoy...

rising supermoon across the mekong riverrising supermoon across the mekong river

Connect Moderator

Level 3

FB_IMG_1484774103412.jpg

I may set, always remember I'll be coming back up again tomorrowI may set, always remember I'll be coming back up again tomorrow

Beautifully rise as it beautifully setBeautifully rise as it beautifully set

RaysRays

MirroredMirrored

Connect Moderator

Que hermosa imagen de los árboles @Anonymous, gracias por compartirla con nosotros 👍😀

Former Google Contributor

I just love this thread so much! I keep coming back just to be in awe with the photos and experiences. Kudos to @AveR for starting this thread and keep going everyone, let's hope this goes on for a long time 🙂

I suggest adding a link to Maps the spot where you saw the sunrise or sunset, so everyone else in the area can check it out too.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Sunrise over Lami Bay in Fiji

Take an aerial virtual tour over the islands in Lami Bay at sunrise. For the full virtual tour with aerial video, click here. 

Sunrise over Lami Bay - FijiSunrise over Lami Bay - Fiji