IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Highway Museum Complex - Road Development Authority, Sri Lanka

This is was another interesting location "Highway Museum" I went through when I was on my way to Colombo from Kandy. I have seen this place several times, due to the limited parking space on the road, I couldn't get a chance to get into this and have a look. Last time, I purposely stopped the vehicle somewhere near and visited this place.

Highway museum complexHighway museum complex

This museum has an amazing collection of equipment used in the past for road construction, leveling, and other purposes. We can have a whole picture about the evolution of the history of road development by looking at this museum. I was amazed by the evolution of the transport engineering in Sri Lanka. The sizes of the machines are far more bigger than what we have these days and were mechanically less complex too. I can rate this as one of the well maintained historical museums in Sri Lanka.

IMG_20170611_131334.JPGIMG_20170611_131351.JPGIMG_20170611_131453.JPGIMG_20170611_131530.JPGIMG_20170611_131547.JPGIMG_20170611_131600.JPGIMG_20170611_131741.JPG

Highway museum complex, Kiribathkumbura, Kiribathkumbura, Sri Lanka
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Highway Museum Complex - Road Development Authority, Sri Lanka

@IlankovanT interesting topic . in bangladesh several district collect old instruments but not like a museum .  

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Nice post @IlankovanT very interesting. I've never seen this tips museum. Really it's well maintained. Thanks for sharing this with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@MahabubMunna, in Sri Lanka we have Railway Museum too.

@NareshDarji yeh it's well maintained. I will upload some of the Railway museum photos soon 🙂

Level 10

Vehicles are of different looks than here. Thanks for sharing them with us @IlankovanT bro. 🙂

Level 8

Old Is Gold Always 🙂 @IlankovanT , I Have Some Photos 🙂 

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8414.JPG