Prasanna-Aryaprema's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Heritage and History Fans

Hello LG community

I would like to share heritage and history photos taken during my many travels around Sri Lanka and few other countries.

It would be great if all of you can share your photos and discoveries showcasing the history and heritage your country and other countries you have visited.

I will start the thread with a UNESCO world heritage site from Sri Lanka

Sigiriya

Believed to be the fortress palace of King Kashapa ( 477 BC) the other school of thoughts attributes this wonder to Kuvera half-brother of mythical king Ravana believed to ruled Lanka 5000 years ago  No historical evidence except in Ramayanaya ,a fictional work in Indian history ). Some even suggest that it is a monastery.

Visitors can see the ruins of the access path at water fountain garden, boulder garden at the middle and the ruins of the palace in on the top of the rock. there is a separate access to see world famous Sigiriya Frescos - a wall painting of maidens and Mirror wall - where visitors of ancient time had written poems and creative phrases admiring the frescos and the palace.

Path to rock through water gardenPath to rock through water gardenView of rock from the ground levelView of rock from the ground levelSteep climbSteep climbView at ground level from the topView at ground level from the topClimbing the rock from lLons paw levelClimbing the rock from lLons paw levelLions pawLions pawRuins of the palace complex at the topRuins of the palace complex at the topRuins at the topRuins at the topView from the top - ruins and beyondView from the top - ruins and beyondPidurandaga ( the ruins of an ancient  monastry ) from top of sigiriya rockPidurandaga ( the ruins of an ancient monastry ) from top of sigiriya rockPidurangala from Top of SigiriyaPidurangala from Top of SigiriyaKalu Diya pokuna ( Black Water pondKalu Diya pokuna ( Black Water pondKalu diya pokunaKalu diya pokunaRuins and beyondRuins and beyondkaludiya pokuna and view beyondkaludiya pokuna and view beyondSigiriya Freco. ( From my archive - taking photos  are  prohibited nowSigiriya Freco. ( From my archive - taking photos are prohibited now 

Sri Lanka
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Heritage and History Fans

Hi @Prasanna-Aryaprema, you seem to have posted the same content twice (this sometimes happens when Connect "misbehaves". Here's the other topic: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Heritage-and-History-Fans/m-p/649155

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Re: Heritage and History Fans

Hi @Prasanna-Aryaprema, you seem to have posted the same content twice (this sometimes happens when Connect "misbehaves". Here's the other topic: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Heritage-and-History-Fans/m-p/649155