Cruise_with_Ankan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Heaven's touch- The Sandakphu Trek

Here in, at Sandakphu, West Bengal, I kicked off my journey as a trekker. We were in a team of 10 including the trek lead. We had some life cherishing moments, undoubtedly !!!!! (Photos under copyrights)Unrolling stones !Unrolling stones !Into the WildInto the WildDistant view to our destination!!Distant view to our destination!!Tea housesTea housesChilled GlimpsesChilled Glimpses

Stay tuned ! Its my pleasure to share such beauty with all the lovely Local guides!!

Sandakfu, Sandakhphu, West Bengal, India
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Heaven's touch- The Sandakphu Trek

Hi @Cruise_with_Ankan,

Thanks a lot for your contribution and the beautifull photos!

I love discovering news places (for me) and Sandakphu seems to be a great place for trekking.

Maybe you have also some food pictures to share with us. Is there some food specialities ?

Is your trekk for few days or it is only one day? Where will you sleep? Please give us some more informations about your journey.

I am looking forward to see some more pictures and to get more informations (don't hesitate to tagg me in your futur post otherwise I might don't see it).

Thanks in advance and see you around

Jul

Level 6

Thank you so much @Julien44 for those kind words 🙂

As a matter of fact, I was the youngest among all in the trekker's team.  We were nine of us. I preferred to carry my rucksack along with me. That gave me constant encouragement, you know !! We went for the Sandakphu trek in January.

It was a week-long trek. 

The food and the resting facilities were provided by the trekking partner (Indiahikes). Tea houses were provided with beds and sleeping bags at various night halts for men and women separately. The peak is at 12K feet.  So we started ascending from Maneybhanjan ( Basecamp) which was at 5K feet to Sandakphu which was around 12K feet approx. and then we descended for the next 1.5 days. 

For food, we had boiled eggs, veg sandwiches, hot cup of tea, soup, noodles and many more. Most of the time we had Indian food like homemade ones. So, I didn't had to adjust much. Sorry, not much food pics available 😞 Yeah, but we should focus more on nature and surroundings rather than on food there 😛

CornyCorny

NearbyNearby

Rolling stonesRolling stones

Tea houseTea house

Dawn of Justice !Dawn of Justice !

Tea houseTea house

IMG_20160110_112745.jpg

Was busy having them at that time after long stretches of trekking !!!

It was really fun thrilling and some moderate trekking through the meadows, jungles and trails.

Yeah, I'll be sharing more pictures of our trek at Sandakphu. It's really a good one for a beginner to start with.

See yeah !!

Level 10

Hi @Cruise_with_Ankan,

Thanks for coming back to me with more informations and beautifull pictures. They are well taken.

This is very interesting and it gives me a better idea of how was the trek, the accomodations and the food.

One week trek is quite long! It must have been such a good experience.

Many thanks for sharing all these!

Seee you around 

Jul

PS: I like mountains, if you are interesting , here are french mountains : https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/SHARE-MOUNTAIN-LANDSKAPES/m-p/662867#M48...

Level 6

Thanks, @Julien44 for those inspiring words :)) Actually, when you trek a long way up the woods and meadows, the days don't seem long. A week or 10 days trek maybe long w.r.t time but, that's worth spending in the mountains. We can at least hide away from the city chaos and buzz. 

Trekking is really fun and enjoying once you have a " no-fear anywhere" attitude.

I was astounded to see the French mountains too. Loved them snow-claddies 😛

Good luck. See you.

Ankan

Level 9

Hello @Cruise_with_Ankan

Nice place, thank you for sharing with us.

Level 6

Hello @AbdullahAM  

You are most welcome. Yeah the place is absolute treat to watch. 🙂

See yeah

Ankan