JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Harry Potter casts his spell on Google Earth

IMG_1342.JPG

20 years ago, Harry Potter began his story at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, unlocking the imaginations of Muggles everywhere.

Conjured up by author J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in the U.S.) has sold more than 450 million copies in 79 languages since its initial publication on June 26, 1997. The worldwide pop-culture phenomenon grew to include six more Harry Potter books, a few literary spinoffs, a movie franchise, and a hit two-part play.

To celebrate this anniversary, Google Earth’s storytelling platform, Voyager, takes you on a global tour (no portkey needed) of real-world places inspired from and by the Harry Potter universe. As fans might expect, the journey begins at Platform 9 ¾ at London’s King’s Cross. Other stops include the London market that stands in for Diagon Alley in the films, the Edinburgh cafe where J.K. Rowling wrote, and the Orlando amusement park where Muggles can buy a wand, ride a Hippogriff and drink some butterbeer.

Grab your broomstick and take flight with Google Earth’s Voyager.

Do you have a favorite Potter-related spot?

Image credit: Brianna DaSilveira

39 comments
Level 8

Re: Harry Potter casts his spell on Google Earth

Hii @JillE

The Train looking Awesome

It also remind us Harry Potter the Wizard

Thanks for sharing the details information about this train.

Googler

Happy 20th Anniversary, Harry Potter! I went on the studio tour last year when I was in the UK and LOVED it. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 

-- A. Dumbledore

Level 10

@JillE i am a great potter fan , just wached all the movie series , my cousin reads all the books and stuff , unfortunately i have not been to any of the potter related places or theme parks , but in future for sure, yesterday i was going to the news paper and saw that it was 20 year potter anniversary and thought of posting it in connect here but since i have never been to any of the places i did not do it.

IMG_20170626_191725_edit.jpg

@JillE and @TraciC what is your favorite group ?

mine is 

• Salazar Slytherin. LOL !

Level 8

Die hard fan of Harry potter's series @JillE

Level 10

All of spots related to the Harry Potter are my favourite but unfortunately I haven't been visit any place yet.hopefully will plan something. 

Thanks to you @JillE for half of the visit and information. 

Level 9

Happy 20th anniversary @ Harry Potter

I think there many of LG guides in love with Harry Potter 

@FazeelUsmani did you check this 🙂

Thanks @JillE

And Huge Thanks to our Wonderful @TraciC😊😊😊

Who mining all the Connect Posts and Featured the best of the best 

Really you do huge work here 😉 👍

Level 9

Level 10

Happy 20th anniversary @Harry Porter we are inspired daily.