NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Happy Diwali

Diwali or Deepavali is the “festival of lights”, it is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated among Indians in India and abroad every year. Diwali is one of the largest and brightest festivals in India. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of good over evil. The preparations and rituals typically extend over a five-day period, but the main festival night of Diwali coincides with the darkest, new moon night of the Hindu Lunisolar month Kartika. In the Gregorian calendar, Diwali falls between mid-October and mid-November.

Before Diwali night, people clean, renovate, and decorate their homes and offices. On Diwali night, Hindus dress up in new clothes or their best outfit, light up diyas(lamps and candles) inside and outside their home, participate in family puja(prayers) typically to Goddess Lakshmi – the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. After prayers, fireworks follow, then a rich traditional family feast including mithai(sweets), and an exchange of gifts between family members and close friends. Deepavali also marks a major shopping period in nations where it is celebrated.

Diwali is an important festival for Hindus. The name of festive days as well as the rituals of Diwali varies significantly among Hindus, based on the region of India. In many parts of India, the festivities start with Dhanteras, followed by Narak Chaturdashi on second day, Deepavali on the third day, Govardhan Pooja on the fourth day, and festivities end with Bhaiya Dooj dedicated to sister–brother bond on the fifth day.

Diwali is a very busy day as she fasts and then spends most of time making sweets (prasad) and Lakshmiji

and it ends with prayers and little crackers at night.

Diwali CelebrationDiwali Celebration

Sources: Internet

Wish You a Very Happy Diwali...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

India
40 comments
Level 2

Diwali celibration

DIWALI  most beautiful occasion .and my life started this.but this time  occasion are very  and  occasion.this time child  bomb and other  distract body. and many thoughts are very honestly and many many happy  but not fogging and no child  ..this time govt. ban by bomb factory and mining bomb fogging.............many many happy    ........... hind

Level 7

India preparing for Diwali 2017

Hello Friends.... are you preparing for Diwali too

Level 10

Re: India preparing for Diwali 2017

Yes, @SumitraD we re getting ready to celebrate Diwali. Best wishes.

Level 10

Re: India preparing for Diwali 2017

Yes @SumitraD. Advance wishes to you.

Level 7

Celebrating Diwali with Maps

Hey LGs,

Diwali is the festival of Lights. We share our happiness and joy with our family and friends.

Now, it seems that Maps also is part of that family.
A colourful Rangoli activity on Maps.A colourful Rangoli activity on Maps.
@ProfArunCM, How do you plan on celebrating this Diwali?
Do tag your friends as well.

Best,
Avinash

Level 10

Re: Celebrating Diwali with Maps

Will enjoy with family and friends but with no crackers in New Delhi, this Deepawali is going to be different. Best wishes to you and family. @Avinash_V

Level 7

Hey @ProfArunCM,

Best wishes to you and your family too.

And My wishes to our community of Local Guides as well. Happy Diwali everyone.

Best,
Avinash

Level 9

Wow @Avinash_V its a great information

Wish you and your family a very happy Diwali.

Love from Bangladesh to you and all LG.

Level 7

Hey @RonneBD,
Thank you for your wishes and have a colourful and joyous Diwali!!
Best,
Avinash

@RonneBD wrote:

Wow @Avinash_V its a great information

Wish you and your family a very happy Diwali.

Love from Bangladesh to you and all LG.