Level 6

Gurdawara Nankana Sahib

Nankana Sahib, Punjab, Pakistan
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Gurdawara Nankana Sahib

Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here @Ali-Sajid.
Can you please add a bit more details to your great photos? Sharing more information about the images you upload will help other Local Guides to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts:).
Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Solution

Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here @Ali-Sajid.
Can you please add a bit more details to your great photos? Sharing more information about the images you upload will help other Local Guides to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts:).
Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 6

Nankana Sahib (ننكانہ صاحِب‎‎) is a city and capital of Nankana Sahib District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is named after the first Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak, who was born in the city and first began preaching here. Today it is a city of high historic and religious value and a popular pilgrimage site for Sikhs from all over the world. Gurdwara Janam Asthan also referred to as Gurdwara Nankana Sahib, is a highly revered gurdwara that was built at the site where the founder of SikhismGuru Nanak, was believed to be born.

The shrine is located in the City of Nankana Sahib, located approximately 65 kilometers from Lahore. Nankana Sahib had previously been known as  Rai-Bhoi-Di-Talwandi, but was eventually renamed in honor of Guru Nanak. The Gurdwara Nankana Sahib, originally constructed in around 1600 CE was renovated in 1819–20 CE by Gian-Punjab Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia. The gurdwara forms part of an ensemble of nine important gurdwaras in Nankana Sahib. The Sikh Conference of Panjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Peshawar, Kangra and Hazara.

The Sikh Gurus, referred to as the strong and powerful, are credited with establishing Sikhism, which started as a minor religion, but developed into a prominent religion over centuries. Guru Nanak was the first of the recognized Sikh gurus. During the Akali movement, on 20 February 1921, Narain Das, the Udasi mahant (clergy) of the gurdwara at Nankana Sahib, ordered his men to fire on Akali protesters, leading to the Nankana massacre. The firing was widely condemned, and an agitation was launched until the control of this historic Janam Asthan Gurdwara was restored to the Sikhs. Again in the 1930s and 40's the Sikhs added more buildings and more architectural design.

In 2007, the Pakistan government announced a plan to set up a university on Sikh religion and culture at Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of Guru Nanak. Chairman of Pakistan's Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), Gen (R) Zulfikar Ali Khan, said that "The international Guru Nanak University planned at Nankana Sahib would have the best architecture, curricula and research center on Sikh religion and culture".

Level 8

Thanks @Ali-Sajid for information

Regards,

Mahesh Kumar

Level 6

Gurdawara Nankana Sahib

nankana-savrar.jpg85581943.jpgnankana-janam-asthan-gurdwara-sarvar.jpg85582414.jpg40_big.jpg66262952.jpg85583326.jpgnankana-saheb-gate.jpg

Hey @Ali-Sajid,

These photos are beautiful. Did you take them? Also, can you please share more information about this place? It's always better to add some context when you're sharing your photos. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

It's stunning @Ali-Sajid, but please tell us where it is. Thank you.

Level 8

@NadyaPN wrote:

Hey @Ali-Sajid,

These photos are beautiful. Did you take them? Also, can you please share more information about this place? It's always better to add some context when you're sharing your photos. 

Yes, Nadya is right.

When you post photos it is better to add photo location, tags and description.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ali-Sajid

I did a bit of cleen-up, merging all your post about the same subject in the same thread.

Please do not post the same subject in different thread.

In addition, I have a pending question: are all the photos taken by you?

I have seen that some of the photos that you shared are not taken by you, and very common in a Internet search. If so, you have to give credit to the authors, that used their time for taking the photos that you are using in here. please read:

The 5 core values of Connect

Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Hope you can fix it asap, to avoid the last option suggested to become effective

Thank you for your attention

Ermes