LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google mapping in Norcia

This was a kind of pre-meetup, just as a preparation of the two meetups of 3-4 june ( https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Norcia-insieme-per-aiutare/m-p/176828 - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Norcia-insieme-per-contribuire/m-p/175084)

We were so super-lucky to have a complete Google troupe filming ourselves me and @manulele81  , and a Google Car running into area 🙂

(move around to discover more...)

So we shoot a lot of footage, and we started looking around for the weekend double meetup:

Then we had the opportunity to enter the red area of Campi Alto, and to see what remained of a church of about 1000 years.

We need your help, to make these places restart.

Norcia, PG, Italia
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Google mapping in Norcia

Ah cool!

I always wondered what those google vehicles looked like.

Level 10

@Cooker3 wrote:

Ah cool!

I always wondered what those google vehicles looked like.

I think it's not a coincidence that the Google car was sent to that place while we where there, it's a sign we are all working to get maps better, to improve user experience in the area!

Connect Moderator

@LucioV@manulele81, great !!!

Cannot be casual that today Google is filming Norcia, and in two days we are going to have an awesome MeetUp in there.

Maybe Google and LG are part of the same big family @TraciC 🙂

I love also that newspapers and TV are talking about us. I'm already packing my bag.

See you in Norcia in less than two days

Level 9

Why @ErmesT? Because we need of YOUR HELP! Of ALL LG! 😉

Only people know what love is, and LocalGuides are people, are the people that speak, walk and who see what happens to the world, in the world!
I wait for a great weekend with you! @ErmesT @LucioV and many other great person!

@TraciC I also invite you in our land and in the little LG Community. Plan your next trip here!

We are Local Guides of Valnerina!

Level 7

Ah, so basically the job has been already done and we can cancel the weekend's meetings... 🙂

Level 10

@Giulio wrote:

Ah, so basically the job has been already done and we can cancel the weekend's meetings... 🙂

Ahahahah no, i've added to map only a single Bar! 😄

Connect Moderator

Level 9

You will enjoy the lunch! Will be a great relaxing moment for all LocalGuides. The location is really special and the selfies with the pork can be a good challenge!

@ErmesT wrote:

No way, @Giulio, I've already paid the restaurant  🙂

Connect Moderator

Gran post @LucioV, me gustaría estar por allí para acompañarlos, y como dice @ErmesT, no creo que se coincidencia que el auto de Google SV este por allí, lograr recuperar esa historia de 1000 años sería muy importante.