AdriansyahPutera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Fort Marlborough - Walking Through Time

When visiting Bengkulu for a vacation or business (if you have spare time) you should visit Fort Marlborough. On the edge of the old port, this British fort is an interesting historical site and is a wonderful introduction for visitors to the city of Bengkulu. 

Fort Marlborough - walking through timeFort Marlborough - walking through time

Set on a hill overlooking the Indian Ocean fort Marlborough is an interesting place to visit. This impressive star-shaped fort stands as a reminder of the seat of the British power and influence in parts of the west coast of Sumatra. Dating from 1714 and approached through massive walls, it is an impressive and well-maintained piece of history, reputedly the strongest fort constructed by the British in the east after George Fort in Madras - India. The fort is a flat structure composed of 4 triangular shaped bastions designed to cover each other, and is surrounded by a dry moat. The main entrance to the fort is protected by a ravelin (a triangular fortification located in front of a fortress or a castle).

The fort is open daily from 8 am - 6 pm, visitor admission is Rp. 5,000 (about US$ 0.37) for adults and Rp 3,000 (about US$ 0.22) for children. Some parts of the fort can affect the level of accessibility of those with disabilities. Check this link for the Fort Marlborough location on google Maps.  

By the way, I convert the original color photo into black and white to bring out the weathered texture. For me, black and white photography is incredibly powerful sometimes. 

Regards,

Adrian

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Fort Marlborough, Jalan Benteng, Kebun Keling, Bengkulu City, Bengkulu, Indonesia
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Fort Marlborough - Walking Through Time

Yes, black and white has its own natural beauty. It will overtake other colours at some points. Thank you @AdriansyahPutera

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

Hello @bhasibahuleyan, thanks a lot for your response to my post. I appreciate your time and visit. 

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Former Google Contributor

Hey @AdriansyahPutera,

Thanks for sharing about this port. I enjoyed reading your post. 🙂 The photo you've uploaded is not showing up for some reason. Could you please try to upload it one more time?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hello @NadyaPN, thank you so much. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and notify me about the photo not showing up.

You're right, the photo isn't showing up. But I can see it if I log in. I believe that I have an issue with the HTML. That was my first try using HTML to insert a photo to Connect. I really wanted to try Tips for Uploading Images to Connect to Stay Within Limit by @TraciC which I found it interesting and useful. I might not follow the instruction correctly. For now, I just remove the photo and I upload it again by using the photo button. I do need more practice using HTML.

Best regards, Adrian.

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Former Google Contributor

That's a beautiful photo @AdriansyahPutera! I'm glad you were able to upload it. 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!