Did you mean: 
Level 6

Fort Kochi

Beautiful Fort Kochi, Kerala, IndiaBeautiful Fort Kochi, Kerala, India

12 comments
Level 8

Re: Fort Kochi

Nice photo @guide_sid

Can you please tell us a bit more about this location.

Thanks.

Level 6

Fort Kochi is a historical place in Ernakulam in the state of Kerala. Portuguese was granted permission to rule in the early 16th century. Vasco Da Gamma was once buried in St Francis Church here in Fort Kochi. It was also a favourite place for Dutch and the British. There are a lot of such historical monuments and houses dating to 16th and 17th century. Here we could see Chinese Fishing Nets along the coast. We could also see a blend of religions (Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Jainism, Jewish) and other sub-castes co-existing peacefully here. It is also a very beautiful place with a roaring beach, backwaters, Temples, Churches, Mosques, Synagogue, Forts, Cafes, Art, Museum etc.

Level 10

@guide_sid Do you live in Kerala or are you just visiting? If you are from Kerala, which place are you from? 

Fort Kochi is one of my favourite places in the world.. the sights and sounds of course, but actually mainly all the friends there. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @guide_sid,

That's a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing them and the additional information too. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@guide_sid @NadyaPN Some of my 360 walking tours around Fort Kochi, watch in 4K in large screen where possible

Walking around the Chinese fishing nets in Fort Kochi 

Walking around the Fort Kochi Fish Market

Walking the Fort Kochi beach walkway

Just sharing @Sariga @FuvadShah @Sanjay_viswa

Level 9

Wow that was a wonderful meet-up .

When you fix a next trip we will have another meeting

@StephenAbraham

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@guide_sid @NadyaPN Some of my 360 walking tours around Fort Kochi, watch in 4K in large screen where possible

Walking around the Chinese fishing nets in Fort Kochi 

Walking around the Fort Kochi Fish Market

Walking the Fort Kochi beach walkway

Just sharing @Sariga @FuvadShah @Sanjay_viswa

Wow Stephen! Amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Former Google Contributor

Hey @StephenAbraham,

I've already seen these! They are pretty cool! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Thanks. It means a lot to me.