LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Food Photography

@Csaba,

You just helped me discover the Lens Blur camera mode on my Pixel with your post! For some reason, I never got to actually playing around with all the different settings and exploring the features. But this now becomes a game-changer for some food photography!

Oh so good so good, I am STOKED.

Level 7

Hi @LucioV i want to share my food photography, i hope some critics will be given to me..DSC_0296.JPG

Tq 

Level 10

Level 7

Thank you @LucioV , actually the natural light come from left side, and it look quite harsh, cause that i've add flash combine with diffuser in right side. In order to eliminate shadow or black at right side

Level 7

IMG_0901.JPG

Level 3

I often use the "Portrait" mode on my iPhone 7+ to achieve a similar effect...a shallow depth of field. Works great on food and on flowers!Scallops on Asparagus Risotto, Red Pheasant Inn, Dennis, MAScallops on Asparagus Risotto, Red Pheasant Inn, Dennis, MA

Brown-eyed Susans, Red Pheasant Inn, Dennis MABrown-eyed Susans, Red Pheasant Inn, Dennis MA

Level 7

I am a hobbyist photographer, but hardly see food as a subject of photography. I find food photography a very difficult subject because: one where we eat the light is never very good, and two, I always forgot to take a photo before I consume the food. No one want to see a photo of an empty plate! I hope to get more food photo in the future 

But when I take a photo, be it with a DSLR or a camera phone, I ALWAY  process it in a either Lightroom or Snapseed before uploading it to G Photo. 

Here is an example of my try in food photographyDSC_2077.jpg

Level 8

เรื่อง: Food Photography

This is very good forums .

อีสานร้อยแปด ทุกเรื่องราวของชาวอีสาน
Level 10

Level 10

Hi All

This picture was taken by Moto G4 camera with auto mode under very dark lighting conditions.

The picture depicts all the first food samples devoted to Hindu goddess Sarasvati of knowledge, music, arts, wisdom and nature and God Shiva, one god of Hindu triumvirate for creation, upkeep and destruction of the world. The lacto-vegetarian meal was prepared for a house warming ceremony. The most essential ingredients in such a meal as Ghee, spices, coconut, whey and milk rice were offered to gods with appropriate garnishes like betel leaves and banana leaves on a makeshift alter before human consumption, in celebration, with a coconut oil lamp. 

My friend who attended the house warming party with me told me that some food taste different (much better) after chanting and sacrifice by the Hindu priest.  

IMG_20170409_133322131.jpg