Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Flowers photography challege

Thanks for reminding me @Sagir

Because at the end I didn't moved. I did it now.

I love wild flowers, Sagir, more than cultivated flowers, I think that Nature do not need any help, to create beautiful flowers. I can share more, if you like

Ermes 

Level 10

Hi @Sagir, cool challenge! 

Here's a picture of an orchid @santiagoirale gave me for my birthday 🙂 It's my favorite flower so it was a very meaningful gift!

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-16 at 13.47.53.jpeg

I challenge @NunungAfuah!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, I accept your Flower Challenge with not just one flower, but two!  

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year, or Lunar New Year. It is the Year of the Dog! And in my garden, two of my camellias are beginning to bloom.  And I did not realize until this morning I have two of the same camellia varietal, except in two different colors!  Thanks to you Ermes, I take this as an auspicious"sign."

The first camellia is called Nuccio's Bella Rossa Camellia. I purchased this flowering shrub in 2011.  It's the perfect, deep blue red. Prized for its interesting 'origami' flower pattern.

Nuccio's Bella Rossa Camellia (Camellia japonica 'Nuccio's Bella Rossa' )Nuccio's Bella Rossa Camellia (Camellia japonica 'Nuccio's Bella Rossa' )

The second camellia is called Camellia 'Nuccio's Cameo'. This came with the house and I personally moved this shrub about 6 years ago. It has never fully bloomed, meaning I never could get this flowering shrub to fully bloom. It has always had stunted growth. But for some reason, may because of you challenging me or today is the Lunar New Year, it is finally blooming like it supposed to bloom.

Nuccio's Cameo Camellia (Camellia japonica 'Nuccio's Cameo')Nuccio's Cameo Camellia (Camellia japonica 'Nuccio's Cameo')

I now nominate @FaridTDF to this Flower Challenge because I know he loves flowers and flower photography!

Cheers,

Karen 

Connect Moderator

Why not @ErmesT give us more because I love flowers they are always amazing especially in the wild as you said.

I'm adding more too

IMG_0463.JPGDSC_0054.JPG

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Look at this beauty.. thanks for sharing this great beauty @KarenVChin and happy Chinese new year. .

Connect Moderator

So lovely @ValeriaA_ I love orchids they are really beautiful. .

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Hi @Sagir, cool challenge! 

Here's a picture of an orchid @santiagoirale gave me for my birthday 🙂 It's my favorite flower so it was a very meaningful gift!

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-16 at 13.47.53.jpeg

I challenge @NunungAfuah!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Sagir, just waiting for your reply. I supposed it was a "one shot" challange.

Beautiful Hibiscus, what is the name of the other one?

Today, wild orchids. Even if the orchids that we knows are mostly coming from tropical areas, there are varieties of orchids that lives in the mountains

Here some orchid from Dolomites

cansiglio giugno 2008_58.JPG  Agordo 2010_007.jpg

And here some from Tuscany hills:

mugello aprile_2008_60.JPG mugello aprile_2008_77.JPG Mugello maggio 2001_191.JPG

Hope you enjoy

Ermes

Connect Moderator

They  are beautiful I love them @ErmesT

I don't really know the English name  but here we call it yellow love 

I enjoy them all thanks 

Connect Moderator

Hi @ValeriaA_, another photo challenge again? 

Here's flowers outside my house We usually call it "paper flowers"We usually call it "paper flowers"

Cheers, 

Nunu

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8