Haseeb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Flagpoles around the world - Holding your beloved flags high :)

One of world's tallest flagpole - 96 Meter highOne of world's tallest flagpole - 96 Meter high

Hello Everyone !

This post is about the flagpoles located around the world, A flagpole is a modern way to make your beloved flag fly high in the skies.

Yesterday, I visited the 'Independence Square' here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It has been known to me by the name of 'Dataran Mardeka' which in Malay language have similar meaning, Dataran means Square & Merdeka means independence.

Literally Independence Square, it was formerly known as the Selangor Club Padang or simply the "Padang" (meaning "field" in Malay) and was used as the cricket green of the Selangor Club (now the Royal Selangor Club). It was here the Union Flag was lowered and the Malayan flag hoisted for the first time at midnight (time: 12:00 AM) on 31 August 1957. Since then, Merdeka Square has been the usual venue for the annual Merdeka Parade (National Day Parade). Wikipedia article here

A lot of colonial era buildings are located at this square such as Sultan Abdul Samad Building,  National Textile MuseumRiver of Life but the most prominent & eye catching feature is the 96 metre high flagpole, holding the 'Jalur Gemilang' Malaysian flag high in the air. 

The main plaque placed at the entrance of Dataran Merdeka.
A plaque at Merdeka SquareA plaque at Merdeka Square

.                       Merdeka Square getting read for KL Iftar event of 2018

Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kl Tower, OCBC Bank, CIMB Bank & River of Life as seen from Merdeka Square , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kl Tower, OCBC Bank, CIMB Bank & River of Life as seen from Merdeka Square , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I invite you all my friends, to showcase the highest flagpole in your city/country holding your beloved flag high in the sky. I wish to make this topic beautiful with all the wonderful countries participating & sharing there national flags ?

Merdeka Square, Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Flagpoles around the world - Holding your beloved flags high :)

@Haseeb Thanks for sharing, picture is very colorful! 🙂 

Another important flag in the city of Kuala Lumpur is the one held high on the National Monument (Tugu Negara). Google Maps location: https://goo.gl/maps/q645i1qA4Mp

Read about Malaysia Local Guides visiting the National Monument @PavelSarwar @Saidulkarim

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Travel-and-Advice/Malaysia-Local-Guides-visit-the-National-Mon...

IMG_20180529_112311.jpg

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb,

Great post and thanks for the informations about flagpole.

Iam looking forward to see the other one and unfortunatly, I have not pics of flagpole ;-(.

See you around

Jul

Level 9

yeaah bro @StephenAbraham

you all looks nice, especially @PavelSarwar with his indonesian attire 🙂

Level 9

Take your time @Julien44 no worries as this information about flagpoles can't be found on google (in a accumulative form) I thought of gathering this information at least from my friends like you 🙂

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb

Thank you for raising a very important Flag issue!

Lets raise the Flag for Aboriginal Australia!

Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!

Support Change.Org Petition to Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!  Sydney Morning HeraldSupport Change.Org Petition to Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently! Sy...

Fly the Aboriginal Flag stop Sydney Harbour Bridge permanently

Let this month of #Pride be for one and all! Show your support. #AboriginalFlag #SydneyHarbourBridge

#Flag #Dignity #Respect #Pride #Share #Support +Google Maps +Google+ +Google Chrome #Google #EqualityFly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!

+Google Local Guides #LocalGuidesConnect #LetsGuide +City of Sydney #Sydney #NSW #Government #NSWGovernment #SydneyLocalGuides #MonthOfPride

Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!

Time to Fly the Aboriginal Flag High!

Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!  SBSFly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently! SBS

Google Maps Sydney Harbour BridgeGoogle Maps Sydney Harbour Bridge

Support Change.Org Petition to Fly the Aboriginal Flag on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Permanently!

Google+

Thank you for your support everyone. Let's raise the Aboriginal Flag permanently. 

Best wishes 

@Justine2807

Support this cause: Fly your Flag. Fly the Australian Aboriginal Flag atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge permanently:

@Briggs , @Osaka78forTRUMP , @AslamMohammed ,@BishowvijayaP , @RupendraNeupane , @AlejandraMaría , @Surendra

@Julien44 , @OSAMA , @MiroslavP , @NicholasL , @BlakeA , @AnN , @AlexG  , @5studioD  , @MonikaM , 

@RobMulally , @PatrickE ,  @HaileyN ,  @CamtuPham , @LaxmiG ,@Sagir , @HiroyukiTakisawa , @Xiuoluo

@Uceey10 , @SanyaOdare, @RupendraN,  @IndiaC, @deepakjhic , @DavidTito

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb! This is a very nice post 🙂

I'm not sure if it's the tallest (I don't think so) but this is a photo that I've taken in 2015. This pole is located in the Rural society of Argentina, which is also a very big event venue. I remember going there for the book fair which is held every year. I took it with a Motorola Moto G so the quality is not the best, but I really like it, and I hope you do too 🙂

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-05 at 14.57.40.jpeg

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Hi @Haseeb

This is the Republic Square in the Maldives. The highest flag pole flying the biggest flag is here (Male' - Capital City of Maldives)

Cheers

Level 9

Thank you @Justine2807 for participation & showing the beautiful flag on top of Sydney's harbour bridge 🙂

@ValeriaA_ your Motorola did some pretty decent job, so far your flag is only one waving in this post so far & we can appreciate the features in the flag. I'm loving it too 🙂

@Badruddeen bro as usual, your participation & showing the beautiful republic square in a 360 is much appreciated. Thank you, and one day I'll visit there too 🙂

Level 10

The Malaysian flag is looking awesome,and the photos are really beautiful,

It's a nice topic to share every country's highest flag points,

Thanks for sharing @Haseeb